Tumors of the Urinary Tract
Thirteen percent of all cancers in women occur during reproductive life.1 The incidence of cancer during pregnancy is one cancer in 1008 pregnancies,2 and if there are 3.5 million live births in the United States each year, there are concomitantly 3472 cases of cancer during pregnancy each year. In order of frequency of occurrence, the most common cancers in pregnant women are breast, uterine cervix, ovary, lymphomas, and colorectum.
KeywordsBurning Catheter Lymphoma Leukemia Adenocarcinoma
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Third National Cancer Survey: Incidence Data. Natl Cancer Inst Monogr 41: 108–111, 1975Google Scholar
- 6.Brown RF, Shaver JW, Lamel DA: The Selection of Patients for X-Ray Examinations. HEW Publication (FDA) 80–8104. Washington, Department of Health, Education and Welfare, 1980Google Scholar
- 7.Buonocore E, Borkowski GP, Pavlicek W, et al: NMR imaging of the abdomen: Technical considerations. Am J Roentgenol 141: 1171–1178, 1983Google Scholar
- 8.Kressel HY, Axel L, Thickman D, et al: NMR imaging of the abdomen at 0.12 T: Initial clinical experience with a resistive magnet. Am J Roentgenol 141: 1179–1186, 1983Google Scholar
- 9.Glenn JF: Renal tumors, in Harrison JH, Gittes RF, Perlmutter AD (eds): Urology, vol 2, ed 3. Philadelphia, WB Saunders, 1979, pp 967–1009Google Scholar
- 10.Fraley EE: Cancer of the renal pelvis, in Skinner DG, deKernion JB (eds): Genitourinary Cancer. Philadelphia, WB Saunders, 1978, pp 134–149Google Scholar
- 11.Richie JP: Management of ureteral tumors, in Skinner DG, deKernion JB (eds): Genitourinary Cancer. Philadelphia, WB Saunders 1978, pp 150–165Google Scholar
- 12.Gittes RF: Tumors of the bladder, in Harrison JH, Gittes RF, Perlmutter AD (eds): Urology, vol 2, ed 4. Philadelphia, WB Saunders, 1979. pp 1033–1070Google Scholar
- 13.Sullivan J, Grabstald H: Management of carcinoma of the urethra, in Skinner DG, deKernion JB (eds): Genitourinary Cancer, Philadelphia, WB Saunders, 1978, pp 419–429Google Scholar