Morphological and Mechanical Characterization of Ceramic Composite Materials
Fiber-reinforced CVD-ceramic composites, C-SiC, have been tested in three point bending for three orientations of the notch prior to the applied stress. For the two main orientations, load-unloading sequences have been performed to investigate the rupture parameters using the Sakai and al’s method. The very good mechanical behaviour of these materials are found to be due to the energy dissipative effect of the reinforcement. For the weaker orientation an empirical method is proposed to measure the compliance at any point of the P(h) curve.
KeywordsPorosity Anisotropy Graphite Carbide Furna
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Murphy M.C., Outwater J.O., Proc. of the 28th Annual Technical Conference, Reinforced Plastics/Composites Institute, Washington D.C.. The Society of the Plastic Industry Inc., Feb. 1973, p. 17- A.Google Scholar
- 4.Bilby B.A., Cardew G.E., Howard I.C., Fourth International Conference on Fracture, 3: 197–200 (1977).Google Scholar
- 5.Shah S.P., Sixth International Conference on Fracture, 1: 495–514 (1984).Google Scholar
- 6.Swain M.V., Rose L.R.F., Sixth International Conference on Fracture, 1: 473–494 (1984).Google Scholar
- 8.Christin F., Naslain R., Bernard C., Proc. 7th Int. Conf. CVD, edited by Sedwick T.O. and Lydtin M., The Electrochemical Society, Princeton, p. 499 (1979).Google Scholar
- 9.Coster M., Chermant J.L., “Précis d’Analyse d’Images” Ed. CNRS (1985).Google Scholar
- 10.Gomina M., Chermant J.L., Coster M., Acta Stereol., 2 Suppl. I: 179–184 (1983).Google Scholar
- 11.Gross B., Srawley J.E., “Stress intensity factors for single-edge -notch specimens in bending of combined bending and tension by boundary collocation of a stress function”, Tech. Note NASA-TN-D- 2603, (Janv. 1965 ).Google Scholar
- 12.Landes J.D., Begley J.A., ASTM - STP N° 632, p. 57–81 (1977)Google Scholar
- 13.Gomina M., Unpublished results.Google Scholar
- 15.Gomina M., Chermant J.L., Osterstock F., Proc. Ilnd Conference on. Ilnd Conference on “Creep and Fracture of Engineering Materials and Structures”, Edited by Wilshire B. and Owen D.R.J., Pinebridge Press, Vol. I, p. 541–550 (1984).Google Scholar