Photodynamic Therapy in the Management of Cancer: An Analysis of 114 Cases
This article reports on results of treatment of 114 cancer patients at the Cancer Institute, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, between September 1981 and December 1984. In September 1981, a study group of clinicians, physicians and basic scientists was set up at the Cancer Institute for the study of photodynamic therapy (PDT) with HPD. During the following 39 months, 114 patients were treated by PDT alone, 8 by PDT + hyperthermia and 3 by PDT + radiotherapy. The analysis in this presentation is based on PDT alone, since the numbers of patients in the other groups is insufficient for statistical analysis.
KeywordsPhotodynamic Therapy Basal Cell Carcinoma Bladder Tumor Mycosis Fungoides Patient Squamous Cell Carcinoma
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.TJ Dougherty et al. (1978) J. Natl. Cancer Inst. 55, 115.Google Scholar
- 2.JC Kennedy et al. (1981) in Cancer in Ontario, p. 118.Google Scholar
- 3.G Bruce et al. (1982) Am. J. Obstet. Gynecol., 2, 124.Google Scholar
- 5.IJ Forbes et al. (1984) Med. J. Aust. 2, 489.Google Scholar
- 6.Y Hayata et al. (1983) Abstracts, 13th International Cancer Congress.Google Scholar
- 8.TJ Dougherty (1984) Proc. Amer Assn. Cancer Res. 25, 408.Google Scholar