Database Research and Development in Singapore
This short paper reports on various current database research interests at the National University of Singapore and at the National Computer Board and the Systems and Computer Organisation of the Ministry of Defence. It also records some results of a recent study into database usage in Singapore, and mentions activities in data analysis and database design methodologies.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Y.C. Tay and R. Suri, Choice and Performance in Locking for Databases, Proc. 10th Int. Conf. on VLDB, Singapore (Aug. 1984), 119–128.Google Scholar
- K.P. Tan, A Less Costly Constraints Checking for Join Dependancy, Proc. 10th Int. Conf. on VLDB, Singapore (Aug. 1984), 63–68.Google Scholar
- T.W. Ling and P. Rajagopalan, A Method to Eliminate Avoidable Checking of Integrity Constraints, IEEE 1984 Proc. Trends and Applications, 60–68.Google Scholar
- T.J. Tan, K.P. Tan and A.M. Goh, A Data Analysis and Logical Database Design Tool, Proc. 10th Int. Conf. on VLDB, Singapore (Aug. 1084), 71–77.Google Scholar
- K.P. Tan and L.S. Hsu, Block Sorting of a Large File in External Storage by a 2-component Key, The Computer Journal, 25 3, (1982), 327–330.Google Scholar