Employee Responses to Organizatinal Strategies: The Forgotten Variable in Human Resource Forecasting
In today’s turbulent business environment, organizational success and even survival often depend on tiemly, appropriate responses to shifting external conditions. Human resource forecasting is a key element in this response system, alerting management to possible adjustments in staffing levels and skill mixes which may be necessary as part of any strategic redirection. Such information is critical to the development of action plans for effecting orderly, efficient transitions in human resource structures and policies.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Hall, Douglas T., Careers in Organizations, (Pacific Palisades, Calif.: Goodyear Publishing Co., 1976).Google Scholar
- MacCrimmon, Kenneth R., “Improving Decision Making and Manpower Management Systems,” “Business Quarterly,” Vol. 35, No. 3 (Autumn, 1971)» PP. 29–41.Google Scholar
- Milkovich, George T. and Mahoney, Thomas A., “Human Resource Planning Models: A Perspective” Human Resource Planning, Vol. 1, No. 1, (Spring, 1978), pp. 19–30.Google Scholar
- Miller, Guy E., “A Method for Forecasting Human Resource Needs Against Internal and External Labor Markets,” Human Resource Planning, Vol. 13, No, 4 (Fall, 1980), pp. 189–200.Google Scholar
- Portwood, James D. and Miller Edwin L., “Evaluating the Psychological Contract: Its Implications for Employee Job Satisfaction and Work Behavior,” Proceedings of the 36th National Academy of Management Meetings, Taylor, R.L., O’Connell, M.J., Zawacki, R.A., and Warrick, D.C., eds, August 14, 1976, pp. 109–113.Google Scholar
- Schein, Edgar H., Organizational Psychology 2nd Ed., (Englewood Cliffs, N.J.: Prentice-Hall, Inc. 1970).Google Scholar
- Schwartz, Robert H., “Practitioners Perceptions of Factors Associated with Human Resource Planning Program Success,” Human Resource Planning, Vol. 8, No. 2 (Summer, 1985), pp 55–66.Google Scholar
- Smith, Eddie C., “Observations on SHARPS Implementation,” Human Resource Planning, Vol. 7, No. 1, (Fall, 1984), pp. 63–66.Google Scholar
- Walker, James W., Human Resource Planning New York: MacGraw-Hill Book Co., 1980).Google Scholar
- Wanous, John P., Organizational Entry (Reading, Mass.: Addison-Wesley Publishing Co., 1980).Google Scholar