Current Research in the Neuropsychological Rehabilitation of Brain Damage
A proliferation of rehabilitation services has attempted to meet some of the clinical needs of the brain injured population. Significant progress has been made, clinically and scientifically, over the last decade. Nonetheless, an integration of scientific findings with clinical practice would appear to be particularly important at the developmental stage in which neuropsychological rehabilitation currently resides. Trexler (1) has reviewed a number of professional issues which bear significantly on the practice of neuropsychological rehabilitation, some of which include a re-examination of our assumptions about the nature of neuropsychological function and methods of clinical practice and research.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Trexler, L.E. In: Neuropsychological Treatment of Head Injury (Eds. A.-L. Christensen and D. W. Ellis), Martinus Nijhoff Publishers B.V., Boston, in press.Google Scholar
- 2.Trexler, L.E. In: Neuropsychological Rehabilitation (Eds. M.J. Meier, A.R. Benton and L. Diller), Churchill Livingstone, London, 1987, pp. 437–460.Google Scholar
- 3.Reitan, R.M. and Davison, L.A, (Eds.), Clinical Neuropsychology: Current Status and Applications, Winston and Sons, New York, 1974.Google Scholar
- 4.Luria, A.R., Higher Cortical Functions in Man, Basic Books, New York, 1966.Google Scholar
- 5.Christensen, A.-L., Luria’s Neuropsychological Investigation: A Manual. Munksgaard, Copenhagen, 1975.Google Scholar
- 7.Diller, L. and Weinberg, J. In: Advances in Neurology, Vol. 18 (Eds. E.A. Weinstein and R.P. Friedland), Raven Press, New York, 1977, pp. 63–82.Google Scholar
- 15.Van Zomeren, A.H., Brouwer, W.H. and Deelman, B.G. In: Closed Head Injury: Psychological, Social and Family Consequences (Ed. N. Brooks), Oxford University Press, New York, 1984, pp. 74–107.Google Scholar
- 16.Trexler, L.E. and Zappala, G., Brain and Cognition, IN PRESS.Google Scholar
- 17.Trexler, L.E.. and Zappala, G., Brain Injury, IN PRESS.Google Scholar