Satisfiability Problems for OFDDs
We investigate the complexity of problems on Ordered Functional Decision Diagrams (OFDDs) related to satisfiability, i.e. SAT-ONE, SAT-ALL, and SAT-COUNT. We prove that SAT-ALL has a running time linear in the product of the number of satisfying assignments and the size of the given OFDD. Counting the satisfying assignments in an OFDD is proved to be #P-complete, and thus not possible in polynomial time unless P=NP.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- B. Becker, R. Drechsler, and M. Theobald, “On the implementation of a package for efficient representation and manipulation of functional decision diagrams,” IFIP WG 10.5 Workshop on Applications of the Reed-Muller Expansion in Circuit Design, pp. 162-169, Sept. 1993.Google Scholar
- B. Becker, R. Drechsler, and R. Werchner, “On the relation between BDDs and FDDs,” LATIN, LNCS 911, pp. 72-83, Apr. 1995.Google Scholar
- R. Drechsler and B. Becker, “Sympathy: Fast exact minimization of Fixed Polarity Reed-Muller expressions for symmetric functions,” Proc. European Design & Test Conf., pp. 91-97, Mar. 1995.Google Scholar
- R. Drechsler, A. Sarabi, M. Theobald, B. Becker, and M.A. Perkowski, “Efficient representation and manipulation of switching functions based on Ordered Kro-necker Functional Decision Diagrams,” Proc. Design Automation Conf., pp. 415-419, June 1994.Google Scholar
- R. Drechsler, M. Theobald, and B. Becker, “Fast OFDD based minimization of Fixed Polarity Reed-Muller expressions,” to be published in IEEE Trans. Comput., 1996.Google Scholar
- U. Kebschull and W. Rosenstiel, “Efficient graph-based computation and manipulation of functional decision diagrams,” Proc. European Conf. on Design Automation, pp. 278-282, Mar. 1993.Google Scholar
- U. Kebschull, E. Schubert, and W. Rosenstiel, “Multilevel logic synthesis based on functional decision diagrams,” Proc. European Conf. on Design Automation, pp. 43-47, Mar. 1992.Google Scholar
- J. Van Leeuven, editor, Handbook of Theoretical Computer Science, Algorithms and Complexity. The MIT Press, 1990.Google Scholar
- C. Meinel, “Modified Branching Programs and their Computational Power,” LNCS 370, Apr. 1989.Google Scholar
- E. Schubert, U. Kebschull, and W. Rosenstiel, “FDD based technology mapping for FPGA,” In Proc. EUROASIC, pp. 14-18, Mar. 1992.Google Scholar
- C.C. Tsai and M. Marek-Sadowska, “Boolean matching using generalized Reed-Muller forms,” Proc. Design Automation Conf., pp. 339-344, June 1994.Google Scholar
- C.C. Tsai and M. Marek-Sadowska, “Detecting symmetric variables in Boolean functions using generalized Reed-Muller forms,” In Int’l Symp. Circ. and Systems, 1994.Google Scholar