New Results on Multiphoton Free-Free Transitions
Recently some of the present authors have reported on calculations concerning free-free transitions in the presence of very strong laser fields,1 in which a number of peculiar features were clearly displayed (among others, well pronounced maxima in the total cross sections and an oscillatory structure). In particular, those calculations concerned total cross sections of direct and inverse multiphoton bremsstrahlung, for several numbers of exchanged photons as functions of the field intensity. Figs. 1 and 2 show a sample of the typical results reported in Ref. 1.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.R. Daniele, F. Trombetta, G. Ferrante, P. Cavaliere and F. Morales, Phys. Rev. A36, 000(1987).Google Scholar
- 3.S. Geltman, J. Res. NBS 82, 173 (1977).Google Scholar
- 5.D. Marcuse, Bell Syst. Tech. J. 41, 1557(1962).Google Scholar
- 10.a)F. V. Bunkin and R. V. Karapetyan, Izv. BUZ “Radiofizika” 14, 950 (1971), in russian.Google Scholar
- b).R. V. Karapetyan and M. V. Fedorov, Sov. Phys.-JETP 412 (1978).Google Scholar
- 13.A. P. Prudnikov, Yu. A. Brychkov and 0. I. Marichev, Special Functions, Integrals and Series, Nauka, Moscow (1983) (in russian).Google Scholar
- 14.B. Wallbank, J. K. Holmes and A. Weingartshofer, “Experimental Differential Cross-Sections for Multiphoton Free-Free Transitions” (to be published).Google Scholar