Computer Modelling of Atrioventricular Nodal Properties
From the clinical point of view, the AV node is one of the most complex cardiac structures. Its external behaviour, that is, the function of the whole structure, has previously been investigated in clinical and laboratory studies. Based on such laboratory data, different approaches have been used to describe the nodal properties in an exact way and different mathematical formalisms of nodal functions have been suggested (Heethaar et al., 1973; Dorveaux et al., 1985a).
KeywordsCycle Length Nodal Conduction Nodal Image Relative Refractory Period Atrial Premature Beat
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Dorveaux, L., Heddle, W., Jones, M., and Tonkin, A., 1985a, Examination of an exponential model of conduction through the human atrioventricular node, PACE, 8: 646.Google Scholar
- Friedeman, H. S., Gomes, J. A. C., and Haft, J. I., 1975, An analysis of Wenckebach periodicity, J. Electrocardiol., 8: 303.Google Scholar
- Levy, M. N., Martin, P. J., Zieske, H., and Adler, D., 1970, Role of positive feedback in the atrioventricular nodal Wenckebach phenomenon, Circ. Res., 36: 697.Google Scholar
- Malik, M., and Camm, A. J., 1987, Complexity of AV nodal function: complex nodal structure or complex behaviour of nodal elements?, PACE (in press).Google Scholar
- Malik, M., Ward, D., and Camm, A. J., 1987c, Theoretical evaluation of the Rosenblueth hypothesis, PACE (submitted for publication).Google Scholar
- Rosenblueth, A., 1958a, Mechanism of the Wenckebach-Luciani cycles, Am. J. Physiol., 194: 491.Google Scholar
- Rosenblueth, A., 1958b, Two processes for auriculo-ventricular and ventriculo-auricular propagation of impulses in the heart, Am. J. Physiol., 194: 495.Google Scholar
- Sandoe, E., and Sigurd, B., 1984, “Arrhythmia - Diagnosis and Management”, Fachmed AG, St. Gallen: 300.Google Scholar
- Wit, A. L., Weiss, M. B., Berkowitz, W. D., Rosen, K. M., Steiner, C., and Damato, A. N., 1970, Patterns of atrioventricular conduction in the human heart, Circ. Res., 27: 345.Google Scholar