Incommensurate-Commensurate Transition in 2H-Tase2
Incommensurate-commensurate transition which occurs in 2H-TaSe2 is investigated in detail by means of high resolution transmission electron microscopy. The double honeycomb discommensuration model so far accepted for the incommensurate phase of 2H-TaSe2 is not found to be appropriate. There is a change in the modulation mode in the incommensurate phase and the commensuration process is found to occur in the lower temperature range. The commensurate process takes place as the motion of the jellyfish patterns with three legs. The change in the modulation mode also explains the change in the incommensurability in two steps.
KeywordsHigh Resolution Transmission Electron Microscopy Dark Field High Harmonic Dark Field Image Modulation Mode
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.K. K. Fung, S. McKernan, J. W. Steeds and J. A. Wilson, J. Phys. C14, 5417 (1981 ).Google Scholar
- 2.C. H. Chen, J. M. Gibson and R. M. Fleming, Phys. Rev. B26, 184 (1982).Google Scholar
- 4.T. Onozuka, N. Otsuka and H. Sato, Phys. Rev. B34, 3303 (1986).Google Scholar
- 5.Y. Koyama, Z. P. Zhang and H. Sato, Phys. Rev. B36, September (1987).Google Scholar
- 7.H. Sato, Y. Fujino, Hirabayashi and Y. Koyama, in this volume.Google Scholar
- 9.W. L. McMillan, Phys. Rev. Bl2, 1187 (1975); B14, 1496 (1976).Google Scholar
- 11.K. Kawasaki and S. Iwamoto, Physica, 133B, 76 (1985).Google Scholar