Kinetic Equations for Large Transient Energy Fluctuations in Small Volumes in Dense Matter
Novel coupled kinetic integro-differential equations which describe transient many-body phenomena in small “mesoscopic” volumes of dense matter associated with the formation and relaxation of short-lived large energy fluctuations (SLEF’s) of small numbers No ≥ 1 of particles, are considered. The SLEF probability is calculated from a solution of the kinetic equations. This work is a further development of the SLEF theory proposed by the author earlier (Phys. Reports 99, 237 (1983)).
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.E.W. Montrol1 and J.L. Lebowitz (Eds), Studies in Statistical Mechanics. Fluctuation Phenomena, vol. VII (North Holland, Amsterdam, 1979).Google Scholar
- 3.Yu.L. Khait, Physica A103, 1 (1984).Google Scholar
- 4.Yu.L. Khait, In Statistical Physics, eds. Cabib, C. Kuper, I. Reise (Adam Hilger, Bristol, 1978).Google Scholar
- 5.A summary of large discrepancies between the conventional theory and experimental data obtained in various fields are given in ref. 2 where novel mechanisms and equations leading to elimination of the above discrepancies, are proposed. Applications of the SLEF theory to particular processes and materials are presented in ref. 2,6,7.Google Scholar
- 7.Yu.L. Khait, Physica B, 139 & 140, 237 (1986), Phys. Stat. Sol. (b) 131, K-19 (1985).Google Scholar
- 8.L.D. Landau and E.M. Lifshitz, Statistical Physics (Addison-Wesley, Reading, 1958).Google Scholar
- 9.A. Iskhara, Statistical Physics (Academic Press, New York, 1971).Google Scholar
- 10.G.E. Uhlenbeck and F.W. Ford, Lectures in Statistical Mechanics (American Mathematical Society, Providence, 1963).Google Scholar
- 11.R. Balescy, Equilibrium and Non-Equilibrium Statistical Mechanics (Wiley, New York, 1975).Google Scholar
- 12.E.G.D. Cohen, in Trends in Applications of Pure Mathematics to Mechanics, VII, ed. H. Zorski (Pitman, London 1979).Google Scholar
- 14.D.N. Zubarev, Non-Equilibrium Statistical Thermodynamics (Consultants Bureau, N.Y., 1974.Google Scholar