Kinetic Equations for Large Transient Energy Fluctuations in Small Volumes in Dense Matter
Novel coupled kinetic integro-differential equations which describe transient many-body phenomena in small “mesoscopic” volumes of dense matter associated with the formation and relaxation of short-lived large energy fluctuations (SLEF’s) of small numbers No ≥ 1 of particles, are considered. The SLEF probability is calculated from a solution of the kinetic equations. This work is a further development of the SLEF theory proposed by the author earlier (Phys. Reports 99, 237 (1983)).
KeywordsKinetic Equation Energy Flux Dense Matter Dual Time Causal Boundary
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.E.W. Montrol1 and J.L. Lebowitz (Eds), Studies in Statistical Mechanics. Fluctuation Phenomena, vol. VII (North Holland, Amsterdam, 1979).Google Scholar
- 3.Yu.L. Khait, Physica A103, 1 (1984).Google Scholar
- 4.Yu.L. Khait, In Statistical Physics, eds. Cabib, C. Kuper, I. Reise (Adam Hilger, Bristol, 1978).Google Scholar
- 5.A summary of large discrepancies between the conventional theory and experimental data obtained in various fields are given in ref. 2 where novel mechanisms and equations leading to elimination of the above discrepancies, are proposed. Applications of the SLEF theory to particular processes and materials are presented in ref. 2,6,7.Google Scholar
- 7.Yu.L. Khait, Physica B, 139 & 140, 237 (1986), Phys. Stat. Sol. (b) 131, K-19 (1985).Google Scholar
- 8.L.D. Landau and E.M. Lifshitz, Statistical Physics (Addison-Wesley, Reading, 1958).Google Scholar
- 9.A. Iskhara, Statistical Physics (Academic Press, New York, 1971).Google Scholar
- 10.G.E. Uhlenbeck and F.W. Ford, Lectures in Statistical Mechanics (American Mathematical Society, Providence, 1963).Google Scholar
- 11.R. Balescy, Equilibrium and Non-Equilibrium Statistical Mechanics (Wiley, New York, 1975).Google Scholar
- 12.E.G.D. Cohen, in Trends in Applications of Pure Mathematics to Mechanics, VII, ed. H. Zorski (Pitman, London 1979).Google Scholar
- 14.D.N. Zubarev, Non-Equilibrium Statistical Thermodynamics (Consultants Bureau, N.Y., 1974.Google Scholar