Monoenergetic Ps Created in a Gas and Ps-He Collisions Cross Section Measurement
A source of energetic Ps atoms in the laboratory may make it possible to perform several new experiments. Some of these are Ps gas scattering cross section measurementsl, a search for Ps gas collision resonances2, Ps molecular bound states3 and Ps surface diffraction4. Recent methods of energetic laboratory Ps production include Ps beam-foil production demonstrated by Mills and Crane5 and Ps formation on a clean crystal surface demonstrated by Gidley et al6. One additional method has been proposed where Ps- is formed in a foil and then ionized to produce variable energy Ps7.
KeywordsMercury Attenuation Sine Stein
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.K.F. Canter in Positron Scattering in Gases, Ed. J.W. Humberston and M.R.C. McDowell ( Plenum, New York, 1983 ).Google Scholar
- 6.D.W. Gidley, W. Frieze, R. Mayer and K.G. Lynn, Third International Workshop on Positron (Electron)-Gas Scattering, ed. by W.E. Kauppila, T.S. Stein and J.M. Wadehra ( World Press, Singapore, 1985 ).Google Scholar
- 8.B.L, Singapore, 1986), and also in Seventh International Conference on Positron Annihilation, ed. by R.M. Singru and P.C. Jain ( World Press, Singapore, 1985 ).Google Scholar
- 9.B.L. Brown presented at 2nd International Conference on e+ at Surfaces, U.E.A., Norwich, England, July, 1986.Google Scholar
- 12.S. Berko, K.F. Canter, A.P. Mills, Jr., R.G. Lynn, L.O. Roellig and M. Weber in Seventh International Conference on Positron Annihilation, ed. by R.M. Singru and P.C. Jain, ( World Press, Singapore, 1985 ).Google Scholar
- 13.B.L. Brown in Ref. 6.Google Scholar
- 14.M. Charlton, G. Clark, T.C. Griffith and G.R. Heyland, Phys. Lett. 16: L465 (1983).Google Scholar
- 15.A.P. Mills, Jr., S. Berko and R.F. Canter, Phys. Rev. Lett. 34:1541 (1975), and A.P. Mills, Jr., and S. Chu, Proceedings of the 8th International Conference on Atomic Physics, Goteberg, Sweden, Aug. 1982 and references therein.Google Scholar
- 17.M.J. Barker and B.H. Bransden, J. Phys. B 1:1006 (1986), and M.J. Barker and B.H. Bransden, J. Phys. B 2: 1109 (1969).Google Scholar
- 18.G. Peach quoted in Ref. 10.Google Scholar