I am deeply moved by the great honour of being able to hold the Keynote-Lecture here and the introductory praise of my modest sucesses within the domain of carotenoids by Professor Liaaen-Jensen. I thank you all for this unusual award. In fact I am not at all certain whether I am really the most suitable person to be given such prominence for I know of other colleagues whose scientific results are internationally far better known than mine. Nevertheless I gladly accept this honour, above on because it concerns not just the man with pen and paper but rather more the coworkers at the front i.e. those at the laboratory bench. Moreover I can only hope that this tribute to a colleague, which has just been introduced by Norman for the first time, will be continued at a future carotenoid symposium.
KeywordsEpoxide Diol Lutein Xanthin Astaxanthin
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- C.H. Eugster in “Carotenoid Chemistry and Biochemistry” (Ed. G. Britton & T.W. Goodwin), Pergamon Press, 1982, page 1.Google Scholar
- A. Zumbrunn, P. Uebelhart und C.H. Eugster, Helv. Chim. Acta 1985, 68, 15Google Scholar
- P.S. Manchand, R. Rüegg, U. Schwieter, P.T. Siddons & B.C.L. Weedon, J. Chem. Soc. 1965, 2019.Google Scholar
- A.L. Curl & G.F. Bailey, Food Res. 1957, 22, 63.Google Scholar
- A.L. Curl, Food Res. 1960, 25, 190.Google Scholar
- H. Pommer, Angew. Chem. 1960, 911.Google Scholar
- A.L. Curl & G.F. Bailey, Food Res. 1955, 20, 371.Google Scholar
- A.L. Curl, Food Res. 1959, 24, 413.Google Scholar
- A.L. Curl, Food Res. 1963, 28, 623.Google Scholar
- J. Glover & E.R. Redfearn, Biocnem. J. 1954, 58, XV.Google Scholar
- K.E.B. Parkes, G. Pattenden, M. Baranyai, P. Molnár, J. Szabolcs & G. Tóth, Tetrahedron Letters 1986, 2535.Google Scholar