Benchmark on Supercomputers for an Industrial Environment
The aim of this study is to provide an industrial scientific and technical computer center with a reliable and exhaustive tool for making comparisons of performances between different computers including those of the new generation (parallel and vector machines).
KeywordsSingle Precision Float Point Operation Subroutine Call Basic Linear Algebra Loop Distribution
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.. R.W. Hockney and C.R. Jesshope, “Parallel Computers”, Adam Hilger (1986).Google Scholar
- . Y. Karaki, Performance of mathematical libraries on the HITAC S-810 Supercomputer,Supercomputer, May 1985, 37 –46.Google Scholar
- 3.. E. Vergison, Benchmark for scientific and technical computers in an industrial environment, Solvay Report, July 1987.Google Scholar
- 4.. E. Vergison and T. Engels, Synthesis of the results from the Solvay scientific and technical benchmark on Supercomputers, Solvay Report, July 1987.Google Scholar
- J.J. Dongarra and S.C. Eisenstat, Squeezing the most out of an algorithm in CRAY FORTRAN,ACM Transactions in Mathematical Software 10:219–230.Google Scholar
- 6.. F. Geleyn, Superordinateurs: test de performance et méthodologie de programmation, Student’s work performed at the Brussels Free University, December 1987.Google Scholar
- 7.. R. lies, Toolpack/1 - version 2.1. - Quick reference guide, NAG Publication: NP1284, Oxford, October 1986.Google Scholar
- 8.. I.N.R.I.A., Parallel Scientific Computation, Cours et Séminaires - Saint Cyprien (France), October 1985.Google Scholar
- 9.. J.J. Dongarra, J. Du Croz, S. Hammerling and R. Hanson, A proposal for an extended set of Fortran basic linear algebra subprograms, Argonne National Laboratory, December 1984.Google Scholar
- 10.. A. Lichnewsky, Parallelism and its use in vector computers, Course at ISPRA (Italy), June 1985.Google Scholar
- 11.. J.J. Dongarra, Performance of various computers using standard linear equations software in a FORTRAN environment, Argonne National Laboratory, February 1986.Google Scholar
- 12.. H. Foerster and K. Witsch, Multigrid software for the solution of elliptic problems on rectangular domains: MG00, Gesellschaft für Mathematik und Datenverarbeitung Mbh, Bonn, September 1982.Google Scholar