OR and Systems
It is entirely appropriate that a session on ‘OR and Systems’ be titled ‘Management of Messes’. The title reflects a relationship between the two ‘disciplines’. This condition has both negative and positive features.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Ackoff, RL, (1974). Redesigning the Future. New York: J.Wiley and Sons.Google Scholar
- Ackoff, RL, (1979a). The future of Operational Research is past. J Opl Res Soc, 30 (2), pp 93–104.Google Scholar
- Ackoff, RL, (1979b). Resurrecting the future of Operational Research. J Opl Res Soc, 30 (2), pp 189–199.Google Scholar
- Churchman, CW, Ackoff, RL and Arnoff, EL (1957). Introduction to Operations Research, New York: J.Wiley and Sons.Google Scholar
- Checkland, PB, (1981). Systems Thinking, Systems Practice, Chichester: J.Wiley and Sons.Google Scholar
- Jackson, MC, (1982). The nature of “soft” systems thinking: The work of Churchman, Ackoff and Checkland. J Appl Syst Anal, 9, pp 17–29.Google Scholar
- Jackson, MC, (1987). New directions in Management Science, In, (eds) Jackson, MC, and Keys, P, New Directions in Management ScienceAldershot: Gower.Google Scholar
- Jackson, MC, and Keys, P, (1984). Towards a system of systems methodologies. J Opl Res Soc, 35 (6), pp 473–486.Google Scholar