Coupled Solutions of Boltzmann Equation, Vibrational and Electronic Nonequilibrium Kinetics
To understand many properties of molecular plasmas widely used these days in advanced technologies (lasers, plasma etching and deposition, negative ion production) the nonequilibrium plasma kinetics is of paramount importance. In the active medium, the different species are affected by processes involving electrons and heavy particles (atoms, molecules and ions in ground and excited states). In these conditions plasma modeling requires a self consistent solution of the Boltzmann equation (electron kinetics) together with the vibrational and electronic master equations (heavy component kinetics). Although the coupling between Boltzmann equation (BE) and vibrational kinetics has been in common use (Capitelli, 1986; Boeuf and Kunhardt, 1986; Loureiro and Ferreira, 1986; Gorse et al., 1986) only recently has self consistent coupling been extended to account for the electronic kinetics too (Bretagne et al., 1987; Gorse et al., 1988; Gorse and Capitelli, 1987; Gorse and Capitelli, 1988).
KeywordsBoltzmann Equation Dissociative Attachment Vibrational Distribution Electronic Kinetic High Vibrational Level
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bacai, M., private communication.Google Scholar
- Belenguer, P. and J. P. Boeuf, 1990, Proc. of “Non Equilibrium Processes in Partially Ionized Gases,” NATO ASI Maratea, Capitelli, M. and J. N. Bardsley, (Eds.), Plenum, New York; Dilecce, G., M. Capitelli, S. DeBenedictis, and C. Gorse, 1989, Proc. of ISPC 9 Pugnochiuso, Italy.Google Scholar
- Gorse, C. and M. Capitelli, 1988, 41st Annual Gaseous Electronics Conference, Minneapolis, 84.Google Scholar
- Gorse, C., R. Caporusso, and M. Capitelli, 1988, New Laser Technologies and Applications, 1st GR-I International Conference, Carabelas, A. A., and T. Letardi, (Eds.), Olympia 439; Gorse, C., 1990, Proc. of “Non Equilibrium Processes in Partially Ionized Gases,” NATO ASI Maratea, Capitelli, M. and J. N. Bardsley, (Eds.), Plenum, New York.Google Scholar
- Huo, W., 1990, Proc. of “Non Equilibrium Processes in Partially Ionized Gases,” NATO ASI Maratea, Capitelli, M. and J. N. Bardsley, (Eds.), Plenum, New York.Google Scholar
- Launay, J. M., and M. LeDourneuf, 1987, XV ICPEAC, Brighton 288. Loureiro, J., and C. M. Ferreira, 1986, J. Phys. D. Appl. Phys. 19, 17.Google Scholar
- “Non-Equilibrium vibrational kinetics,” Top. Curr. Phys. 39; 1986, Capitelli, M., (Ed.), Springer-Verlag, New York.Google Scholar
- Rescigno, T. N., and B. I. Schneider, UCRL-99210 (to be published in J. Phys. B).Google Scholar