Peculiarities of Void Fraction Measurement Applied to Physical Installation Channels Cooled by Forced Helium Flow
The paper presents the methods of optimizing the transducers designed for measurements of the void fraction of two-phase flows in the channels of round and annular cross section. On the basis of the analysis performed concrete solution of relatively high technical characteristics is proposed. Rated and actual characteristics of signal ranges and measurement errors are given for both sensors. Influence of the mass velocity on the void fraction of adiabatic two-phase flows is theoretically analysed. Effects of friction and of liquid-into-vapour entrainment are shown. Calculation results are compared with the obtained experimental data for helium. Special attention is given to the specific features of the processes in channels with different cross section.
KeywordsEntropy Microwave Steam Helium Boiling
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- V. V. Danilov et al., Measurement of void fraction of two-phase flow in annular channel, in: “JINR Rapid Comm.”, N15–86, JINR, Dubna USSR (1986), p.42 (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 3.A. M. Arkharov et al., Measurement of density and void fraction of helium flow by means of radio-frequency oscillators, Pribory i Technica Experimenta, No1 (1988), p.151 (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 7.Yu. P. Filippov, I. S. Mamedov, and S. Yu. Selyunin, Characteristics of horizontal two-phase helium flow at low mass velocity, in: “Proc. Twelvth Int. Cryo. Engr. Conf.” Butterworth, Guildford UK (1988), p.198.Google Scholar
- 8.H. Katheder and M. Suber, Results of flow experiments with 2-phase helium for cooling of superconductors, in: “Proc. Twelvth Int. Cryo. Engr. Conf.” Butterworth, Guildford UK (1988), p.207.Google Scholar
- 9.I. Prigogine, “Introduction to Thermodynamics of Irreversible Processes,” Interscience Publishers (1961).Google Scholar
- 11.I. S. Mamedov, S. E. Salimov, and Yu. P. Filippov, Two-phase helium flow regimes in horizontal channel, JINR Comm. P8-84-156, JINR, Dubna USSR (1984) (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 12.S. Yu. Selyunin and Yu. P. Filippov, The mass velocity influence on the hydraulic resistance of horizontal tubes with two-phase helium flow, Teploenergetica, No 9 (1988), p.48 (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 15.Ko Gym Sek, I. S. Mamedov, and Yu. P. Fillipov, Mass flow rate influence on void fraction of two-phase helium flow, JINR Comm. P8-87-505, JINR, Dubna USSR (1987) (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 16.“Two-Phase Flow and Heat Transfer,” D. Butterworth and G. F. Hewitt, Eds, Oxford University Press, Oxford UK (1977).Google Scholar
- 17.B. V. Lunkinet al., Device for measurement of void fraction in tube, Authors certificate SU No 1020774A, Invention Bulletin No 20 (1983), p. 133 (in Russian).Google Scholar