The role of emotional factors in infertility has been widely accepted for many years. A review of the subject was published by Kelly as far back as 1942.1 Since that time, the literature has contained numerous reports and reviews.
KeywordsDepression Infertility Kelly Amenorrhea Anovulation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Kelly K: Sterility in the female with special reference to psychic factors: Review of the literature. Psychosom Med 4:211, 1942Google Scholar
- 2.Warren JC: Reproductive failure. In Romney S (ed): Gynecology and Obstetrics. New York, McGraw Hill, 1976, p 616Google Scholar
- 7.Igarishi M, Tahma K, Ozawa M, et al: Pathogenesis of psychogenic amenorrhea and anovulation. Int J Fertil 4:31, 1965Google Scholar
- 10.Fisher IC: Psychogenic aspects of sterility. Fertil Steril 4:466, 1953Google Scholar
- 11.Dorfman W: Psychosomatics, psychopharmacology, psychotherapy and sterility. J Reprod Med 3:201, 1969Google Scholar
- 14.Carr GG: A Psychological Study of Fertile and Infertile Marriages. Unpublished doctoral dissertation. University of Southern California at LA, 1963Google Scholar
- 21.DeWattsville H: Psychologic factors in sterility. Fertil Steril 8:12, 1957Google Scholar