Analysis of Scattering and Excitation Amplitudes in Polarized-Electron-Atom Collisions for Light One-Electron Atoms
An experimental analysis is proposed to extract partial differential cross-sections for elastic scattering and for excitation of the 2P states of light alkali metal atoms. Relevant data for the ratios of direct, exchange and interference cross sections to the differential cross section for the elastic case and the inelastic case of 2P excitation of scattering partially spin polarized electrons on partially polarized light one-electron atoms are linked to the degrees of polarization of the electrons and atoms before and after the scattering process. An example of a five-state close coupling approximation is given for the above ratios of elastic electron-lithium scattering which illustrate me richness of the varieties of structure in these partial differential cross sections.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- See various papers on theoretical and experimental investigations on electron-atom collisions in these Proceedings.Google Scholar
- 2.N.F. Mott, H.S.W. Massey. “The Theory of Atomic Collisions,” 3rd edition, Oxford, Clarendon Press, (1965).Google Scholar
- 3.H. Kleinpoppen. “Phys.Rev.,” A3, 2015, (1971), and K.Blum and H. Kleinpoppen. “Int. Jour. Quantum Chemistry Symposium,” 10, 321 (1976).Google Scholar
- 4.G.F. Hanne. “Coherence and Correlation in Atomic Collisions,” eds. H. Kleinpoppen and J.F. Williams, Plenum Press, New York, p593 (1980).Google Scholar
- S.M. Khalid. “PhD Thesis”, Stirling University (1981).Google Scholar
- H.O. Lutz. “Correlation and Polarization of Electron and Atomic Collisions and (e,2e) Reactions,” in: Int. Conf. Series No. 122, Flinders University, Adelaide, eds. P.J.O. Teubner and E. Weigold, p343 (1991).Google Scholar
- Selected Topics on Electron PhysicsGoogle Scholar
- Edited by Campbell and Kleinpoppen, Plenum Press, New York, 1996Google Scholar