Field Induced Electron Capture by Metastable Centers in Planar-Doped GaAs:Si
Capture of hot carriers by deep traps above the Fermi level in GaAs highly planar-doped with Si by molecular beam epitaxy is investigated at 77 K. Usually carrier trapping in such centers is studied by applying pressure1–5, thus reducing the energy difference between the conducting Γ-states and the centers. In contrast to those measurements performed in thermodynamic equilibrium, in our experiments the carriers gain the desired energy by heating in an applied electric field.
KeywordsCurrent Change Threshold Field Negative Differential Conductivity Carrier Heating Equivalent Charge
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. Mizuta, M. Tachikawa, H. Kukimoto, and S. Minomura, Jap. Journ. Appl. Phys., 24, L143 (1985)Google Scholar
- 3.W. Jantsch, G. Ostermayer, G. Brunthaler, G. Stoeger, J. Woeckinger, and Z. Wilamowski,“The Physics of Semiconductors”, (Ed. E. M. Anastassakis and J. D. Joannopouls, World Scientific, Singapore) p. 485 (1990)Google Scholar
- 11.B. Danilchenko, A. Klimachov, and S. Roshko, private commun.Google Scholar
- 13.J. C. M. Henning and J. P. M. Ansems, Phys. Rev. B 38, 5772 (1988)Google Scholar
- 14.R. Legros, P. M. Mooney, and S. L. Wright, Phys. Rev. B 35, 7505 (1987)Google Scholar
- 15.J. C. M. Henning, E. A. Montie, and J. P. M. Ansems, Materials Science Forum (Trans Tech Pub,Switzerland), 1085 (1889)Google Scholar