Dual-Energy Computed Tomography for Ceramics and Composite Materials
This work is part of the Brite-Euram project BRE5535 “DUALETO”, whose purpose is to set-up a Dual-Energy Computed Tomography (DE-CT) system suited for the examination of fibers-reinforced composites. DE measurements are obtained by a microfocus X-ray source, and a multi-wire proportional chamber which simultaneously collects projection data at two different energies over a section of the object .
KeywordsFiber Volumic Fraction Markov Random Field Local Potential Matrix Image Calibration Function
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.H.J. Besch, T. Feige et al., A position sensitive and energy selective single photon counter for X-ray precision tomography. Internat. sympos. on CT for industrial applications, Berlin, June 8–10 1994, pp. 369–376Google Scholar
- 2.R. Alvarez, A.Macovski, Extraction of energy-dependent information in radiography, PhD dissertation, Stanford University, 77–7053, 1976Google Scholar
- 3.P. Engler and W.D. Friedman, Review of Dual-Energy Computed Tomography Techniques, Materials Evaluation 48 May 1990, P 623–629Google Scholar
- 4.U. Hassler, Segmentation and density evaluation of fibers-reinforced materials by Dual-Energy Computed Tomography, this conference.Google Scholar
- 5.P. Rizo and C. Robert, Dual-energy tomography for ceramics and composite materials, Internat. sympos. on CT for industrial applications, Berlin, June 8–10 1994, pp. 128–135Google Scholar
- 6.S. Geman, D. Geman, Stochastic relaxation, Gibbs distribution, and the Bayesian restoration of images, IEEE Trans on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, PAMI-6, pp. 721–741, 1984Google Scholar
- 8.J.M. Dinten, Tomographie à partir d’un nombre limité de projections: régularisation par des champs Markoviens, PhD thesis Paris-Sud 1990Google Scholar
- 9.J. Besag, Parameter estimation for Markov fields, Technical report serie n°2. Dt of statistics, University of Princeton, 1976.Google Scholar
- 10.C. Graffigne, Experiments in texture analysis and segmentation, PhD thesis, Brown University, May 1987Google Scholar