Elements of Scattering Theory
These lectures don’t give a full presentation of scattering theory. They are devoted to some key topics which are important for the analysis of the analytical structure of amplitudes. At the present time, the study of analytical properties of the amplitudes is dictated by the necessities of the experiments: the discovery and investigations of new particles are mainly based on the study of leading singularities of amplitudes. A systematic presentation of the scattering theory problems which are touched here can be found in various textbooks and monographs, see, for example, refs [1–6].The presentation of some special problems is based on original articles, see refs. [7–12].
KeywordsForm Factor Green Function Vertex Function Physical Region Loop Diagram
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- R.P. Feynman, “Quantum Electrodynamics”, W.A.Benjamin, New York, 1961.Google Scholar
- L.D. Landau and E.M. Lifshitz, “Quantum Mechanics”, State Publishing House for Physics and Mathematics, Moscow, 1963.Google Scholar
- L.B. Okun, “Weak Interactions”, State Publishing House for Physics and Mathematics, Moscow, 1963.Google Scholar
- G.F. Chew, “The Analytic S-Matrix”, W.A. Benjamin, New York, 1966.Google Scholar
- V.N. Gribov, “Quantum Electrodynamics” (in russian), Leningrad Nuclear Physics Institute, Leningrad, 1974.Google Scholar
- V.V. Anisovich, M.N. Kobrinsky, J. Nyiri and Yu.M. Shabelski, “Quark Model and High Energy Collisions”, World Scientific, Singapore, 1985.Google Scholar
- A.V. Anisovich and A.V. Sarantsev, Sov. J. Nucl. Phys. 55, 1200, 1992.Google Scholar
- A.V. Anisovich and V.A. Sadovnikova, Sov. J. Nucl. Phys. 55, 1483, 1992.Google Scholar
- V.V. Anisovich, D.V. Bugg and A.V. Sarantsev, Nucl. Phys. A537, 501, 1992.Google Scholar
- V.V. Anisovich, M.N. Kobrinsky, D.I. Melikhov and A.V. Sarantsev, Nucl. Phys. A544, 747, 1992.Google Scholar
- V.V. Anisovich, D.I. Melikhov, B.Ch. Metsch and H.R. Petry, Nucl. Phys. A563, 549, 1993.Google Scholar
- V.V. Anisovich, A.A. Kondashov, Yu.D.Prokoshkin, et al. Phys. Lett., in press.Google Scholar