Nonblocking Routing Properties of Clos Networks
- 98 Downloads
By a connecting system we shall mean a physical communication system consisting of (i) a set of terminals, (ii) control units which process requests for connections between pairs of terminals, and (iii) a connecting network through which the connections are effected. The connecting network is an arrangement of arrays of crosspoints (called crossbars or switches) and transmission links through which certain terminals can be connected together in many combinations.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- C. Clos. A study of non-blocking switching networks. The Bell System Technical Journal, 32: 406–424, 1953.Google Scholar
- D. de Werra. Balanced schedules. INFOR. Canadian Journal of Operational Research and Information Processing, 9: 230–237, 1971.Google Scholar
- D.Z. Du, P.C. Fishburn, B. Gao, and F.K. Hwang. Wide-sense non-blocking for 3-stage Clos networks. Technical report, Department of Computer Science, University of Minnesota, 1995.Google Scholar
- D.Z. Du, X.D. Hu, G.-H. Lin, H.Z. Shi, and S.X. Gao. On wide-sense nonblocking in 1-rate environment for 3-stage Clos networks. Technical report, Institute of Applied Mathematics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 1997.Google Scholar
- A.M. Duguid. Structural properties of switching networks. Progr. rept. BTL-7, Brown Univ., 1959.Google Scholar
- D.S. Kim and D.Z. Du. Multirate broadcast switching networks non-blocking in a wide sense. In Advances in Switching Networks, DIMACS Series in Discrete Mathematics and Theoretical Computer Science 42, pages 59–74. American Mathematics Society, Providence, RI, 1998.Google Scholar
- D.S. Kim and D.Z. Du. Multirate multicast switching networks. In Proceedings of the Fourth Annual International Computing and Combinatorics Conference (COCOON’98), LNCS, pages 219–228, 1998.Google Scholar
- G.-H. Lin, D.Z. Du, W. Wu, and K. Yoo. On 3-rate rearrangeability of Clos networks. In Advances in Switching Networks, DIMACS Series in Discrete Mathematics and Theoretical Computer Science 42, pages 315–333. American Mathematics Society, Providence, RI, 1998.Google Scholar
- G.-H. Lin, D.S. Kim, and D.Z. Du. Strictly nonblocking multirate multi-cast Clos networks. In Proceedings of the 10th International Conference on Parallel and Distributed Computing and Systems, pages 417–420, 1998.Google Scholar
- G. Niestegge. Nonblocking multirate switching networks. In M. Bonatti and M. Decina, editors, Traffic Engineering for ISDN Designing and Planning, Elsevier, Amsterdam, 1988.Google Scholar
- M.C. Paull. Reswitching of connection networks. The Bell System Technical Journal, 41: 833–855, 1962.Google Scholar
- D. Slepian. Two problems on a particular crossbar switching network. Unpublished manuscript, 1952.Google Scholar