Multicast Switching Networks
- 95 Downloads
In the previous chapters, we examined the principle switching architecture for peer-to-peer communications. We discussed how to build efficient switching networks employing intelligent control algorithms. In this chapter, we consider switching networks that can handle communication from single source to multiple destination, such as teleconferencing, commercial video distribution and distributed data processing.
KeywordsOutput Port Blocking Probability Connection Request Multicast Request Clos Network
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- C. Clos. A study of non-blocking switching networks. Bell Syst. Tech. J., 32: 406–424, March 1953.Google Scholar
- K. Y. Eng, M. G. Hluchyj, and Y. S. Yeh. Multicast and broadcast services in a knockout packet switch. In Proc. on IEEE INFOCOM, pages 29–34, 1988.Google Scholar
- F. K. Hwang. Three-stage multi-connection networks which are non-blocking in the wide sense. Bell Syst. Tech. J., 58 (10): 1283–1287, December 1979.Google Scholar
- Dongsoo S. Kim and Ding-Zhu Du. Multirate broadcast switching networks nonblocking in a wide-s ense. In DIMACS Workshop on Network Switching, July 1997.Google Scholar
- Dongsoo S. Kim and Ding-Zhu Du. Multirate multicast switching networks. In The Fourth Computing and Combinatorics Conferences, August 1998.Google Scholar
- C. Y. Lee. Analysis of switching networks. Bell Syst. Tech. J., 34(6):1287–1315, November 1955Google Scholar
- Marco Listanti and Luca Veltri.Blocking probability of three- stage multicast switches. In International Conference of Communications(ICC’98), 1998.Google Scholar
- Andrew S. Tanenbaum. Computer Networks. Prentice Hall, 3rd edition, 1996.Google Scholar
- Yuanyuan Yang and Neil H. Kessler. Modeling the blocking behavior of clos networks. In DIMACS Workshop on Network Switching, 1997.Google Scholar
- Yuanyuan Yang and Jianchao Wang. Performance analysis and simulation of multicast networks. In Proceedings of International Conference on Parallel Processing(ICPP’97), 1997.Google Scholar
- Ellen Witte Zegura. An improved model for evaluating blocking probability in generalized connectors. In Infocom, pages 455–463, 1994.Google Scholar