Venn is remembered largely for his writings on logic and his compilation of data on alumni of Cambridge University, but he also wrote a widely read text-book on probability theory.
KeywordsVenn Diagram College Library Elementary Logic Convex Shape Slow Rise
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Collection of manuscripts, Gonville and Caius College Library, Cambridge.Google Scholar
- Krúger, L. (1987). The slow rise of probabilism..., in Krúger et al. (eds.), The Probabilistic Revolution. Vol. 1, MIT Press, Cambridge, Mass., 59–89.Google Scholar
- Venn, J. (1866). The Logic of Chance. McMillan, London. [2nd ed. 1876; 3rd ed. 1888, repr. 1962, Chelses, New York.]Google Scholar
- Venn, J. (1889). The Principles of Empirical or Inductive Logic. McMillan, London. [2nd ed. 1907.]Google Scholar
- Venn, J. (1888). Symbolic Logic. McMillan, London. [2nd ed. 1894, repr. 1970, Dover, New York.]Google Scholar
© Springer Science+Business Media New York 2001