Techniques of Hepatic Resection
At the present time it is generally recognized that the technical approach used for elective hepatic resection is different from that used in resections performed on an emergency basis, usually for extensive fracture of the liver from trauma. In the elective case, preoperative studies generally have identified the character of the lesion to be resected. The blood supply of the lesion, as well as that of the surrounding liver tissue and the lobe, has been accurately identified by selective arteriography. The type of incision can be carefully evaluated on the basis of the various factors to be discussed below, and the hepatic lesion itself can be approached without concern for other possible intra-abdominal lesions.
KeywordsHepatic Vein Hepatic Resection Inferior Vena Hepatic Duct Left Lobe
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Bourgeon R, Guntz M: Foie et voies biliaires intra-hépatiques. Paris, Masson, 1975, pp 121–200Google Scholar
- 4.Dogliotti AM: Resezione del lobo sinistro del fegato. Intrae-palodotto-gastrosto- mia per il trattamento di obliterazione delle vie biliari extraepatiche. Boll Mem Soc Piemontese Chir 20: 181–182, 1949Google Scholar
- 6.Gohrbandt E: Anastomosen intrahepatischer Gallengänge mit dem Magen und Darmkanal (unter Benützung von Gummiprothesen). Arch Klin Chir 179: 665–671, 1934Google Scholar
- 8.Harada N, Tsuchiya R, Tanaka N, Miyamoto T, Yamamoto K, Yamada R, Tsunoda T, Miyata A, Ito T: Surgical treatment of intrahepatic cholelithiasis— particularly with regard to Type III and Type IV intrahepatic cholelithiasis. Jpn J Surg Gastroenterol 11: 775–779, 1978Google Scholar
- 10.Hodgson WJB, Aufses A Jr: Surgical ultrasonic dissection of the liver. Surg Rounds 2 (8): 68–72, 1979Google Scholar
- 12.Longmire WP Jr: Hepatic resection. In RM Zollinger (ed), Advances in Surgery, Vol 8. Chicago, Year Book, 1974, pp 29–61Google Scholar
- 21.Tung TT: Les résections majeures et mineures du foie. Paris, Masson, 1979Google Scholar
- 22.Wu M-C, Chen H, Chang H-H, Yuo H-P, Yang C-M: Resection of primary hepatic carcinoma during a period of eighteen years. Shanghai, First Affiliated Hospital of the 2nd Military Medical College (private publication), 1979Google Scholar