Each family physician must be proficient in the art of physical diagnosis; this chapter not only offers basic knowledge, but also serves as a review source for the physical diagnostic skills necessary in family medicine.
KeywordsCranial Nerve Heart Sound Mitral Stenosis Tuning Fork Male Genitalia
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Kampmeier RH, Blake TM: Physical Examination in Health and Disease. 4th ed. Philadelphia, F. A. Davis, 1970.Google Scholar
- 2.Rose JC: What is diastolic pressure? Am Fam Physician 15: 81, 1977.Google Scholar
- 3.Report of the Joint National Committee on Detection, Evaluation, and Treatment of High Blood Pressure. US Dept of Health and Human Services, Public Health Service. Washington DC, National Institutes of Health Publication No 81–1088. 1980.Google Scholar
- 5.Fröhlich ED: Hypertension. In: Conn HF (ed.) Current Therapy. Philadelphia, Saunders, 1976.Google Scholar
- 6.Delp MH, Manning RT: Major’s Physical Diagnosis. 8th ed. Philadelphia, Saunders, 1975.Google Scholar
- 7.Goldfarb AI: Minor maladjustments of the aged. In: Arieti S, Brody EB (eds.) American Handbook of Psychiatry. New York, Basic Books, 1974.Google Scholar
- 8.Newell FW, Ernest JT: Ophthalmology Principles and Concepts. 4th ed. St. Louis, Mosby, 1978.Google Scholar
- 9.DeWeese DD, Saunders WH: Textbook of Otolaryngology. 5th ed. St. Louis, Mosby, 1977.Google Scholar
- 10.Markiewicz W, Stoner J, Londen E, Hunt SA, Popp RL: Mitral valve prolapse in 100 presumably healthy young females. Circulation 52: 464–468, 1975.Google Scholar
- 11.Vaughan VC, McKay RJ (eds.) Nelson’s Textbook of Pediatrics. 11th ed. Philadelphia, Saunders, 1979.Google Scholar
- 12.Goss CM: Gray’s Anatomy. 29th ed. Philadelphia, Lea 8c Febiger, 1973.Google Scholar
- 13.Dunphy JE, Botsford TW: Physical Examination of the Surgical Patient. 4th ed Philadelphia, Saunders, 1975.Google Scholar
- 14.Novak ER, Jones GS, Jones HW: Novak’s Textbook of Gynecology. 9th ed. Baltimore, Williams & Wilkins, 1975.Google Scholar