Development of No-Carrier-Added Radiopharmaceuticals with the Aid of Radio-HPLC
The single most important tool for the development of high specific activity or no-carrier-added (nca) radiopharmaceuticals is a radio-HPLC. The reason for making such a strong statement in favor of HPLC rather than other chromatographic methods is that HPLC offers many advantages over other chromatographic methods. For example, the columns employed in HPLC are much more efficient than conventional thin-layer chromatography (TLC) plates, and the isolation of the products is simpler, more convenient, and safer than either TLC or gas chromatography.
KeywordsHigh Specific Activity Radiochemical Yield Hippuric Acid Supercritical Fluid Chromatography Sodium Bromide
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Eckelman, W.C., ed.: Receptor-Binding Radiotracers. Vols. 1, 2, CRC Press, Boca Raton, 1982.Google Scholar
- 2.Wong, S. H.-Y.: Roles of high-performance liquid chromatography in nuclear medicine. In Advances in Chromatography. Vol. 19, Marcel Dekker, New York, 1981.Google Scholar
- 3.Berger, G., Maziere, M., Godot, J.J., Prenant, C. and Comar, D. Purification of 11C labeled radiopharmaceuticals by LC. In BiologicalIBiomedical Applications of Liquid Chromatography IV. Chromatographic Science Series, Vol. 20, Hawk, G.L. ed., Marcel Dekker, New York, 1982, pp. 223–230.Google Scholar
- 5.Roberts, J.R.: Development of continuous flow monitoring in column chromatography. In Radiochromatography. Journal of Chromatography Library, Vol. 14, Elsevier, New York, 1978.Google Scholar
- 9.Roberts, J.R.: Radio-thin-layer chromatography. In Radiochromatography. Journal of Chromatography Library, Vol. 14, Elsevier, New York, 1978.Google Scholar
- 13.Wilbur, D.S., Svitra, Z.V. and O’Brien, H.A.: Applications of aryltrimethylsi- lanes in radiobrominations. J. Nucl. Med. 24:P43, Abstract, 1983.Google Scholar
- 14.Wilbur, D.S.: Synthesis and radiobrominations of some trimethylsilylphenethylamines. J. Nucl. Med. 25:P124, Abstract, 1984.Google Scholar