I’m here today to represent the silent majority of solid state physicists who were not fortunate enough to experience the thrill of giving a seminar to a Holstein-containing audience. The challenge of his tough persistent questions apparently kept people awake and at the same time raised the quality of the research. I enjoyed talks with Ted at Physical Society Meetings and had planned to try to interest him in thinking about possible models of enhanced electron-phonon interactions in superconductors at the next opportunity.
KeywordsSigma Phase Small Polaron Tunneling Spectroscopy Local Field Correction Acoustic Plasmon
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.K. E. Kihlstrom, D. Mael and T. H. Geballe, Phys. Rev. B22, 250 (1984); K. E. Kihlstrom, Ph. D. dissertation, Stanford University (1985).Google Scholar
- 2.Kwo, Geballe, Hammond, AIME Metallurgical paperGoogle Scholar
- 4.F. Hellman, Ph. D. dissertation, Stanford University (1985).Google Scholar
- 5.T. Ogushi and Y. Osono, Applied Physics Letters 48, 1167 (1986). I would like to thank Professor Ogushi for informing me (private communication) that the unusual occurrence of superconductivity reported to be above 23K upon further investigation, seems to have been due to an error in the measurement of the sample temperature.ADSCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 8.Brobrov and Zorin, JETP 40, 8 (1984).Google Scholar