Introduction and Statement of Research Recommendations
This collection of papers is the result of a workshop on Atherogenesis and Aging that was held at the recommendation of the Arteriosclerosis, Hypertension and Lipid Metabolism Advisory Committee to the National Institutes of Health and was jointly sponsored by the National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute and the National Institute on Aging. The workshop was held in Winston-Salem, North Carolina on June 30, July 1 and 2, 1985. The purpose of the workshop was to develop a statement of research needs to better understand the relationship between the aging process and the development of atherosclerosis. The participants included experts in the fields of gerontology and cardiovascular disease.
KeywordsLipoprotein Profile Research Recommendation Premature Aging Syndrome Biliary Output Altered Mechanical Property
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Makinodan T, Yunis E (eds): Immunology and Aging. New York, Plenum, 1977.Google Scholar
- 3.Cochrane CG, Hawkings D, Kniker WT: Mechanisms involved in the localization of circulating immune complexes in blood vessels. In: Meischer VP, Grabar P (eds): Immunopathology. Switzerland, Basel, Schwabe & Co 1967, p. 32.Google Scholar
- 4.Yin FCP: The aging vasculature and its effect of the heart. In: Weisfeldt ML (ed): The aging heart. Aging vol 12. New York, Raven Press, pp 137–214.Google Scholar
- 7.Kritchevsky D: Age-related changes in lipid metabolism. Proc Soc Exp Biol and Med 1980; 165: 193–199.Google Scholar
- 8.Kritchevsky D: Lipid metabolism in aging. Mechan Age and Devel 1972; 1: 275–284.Google Scholar