Dynamic Group Assessment for Prescriptive Teaching: Differential Effects of Treatments
- 192 Downloads
The concept of cognitive modifiability, its nature, antecedents, and applications for assessment and intervention, has been recently the focus of interest for many psychologists and educators. The interest in cognitive modifiability has been broadened mainly because of the comprehensive work of Feuerstein and his colleagues on assessment of learning potential and the development of the Learning Potential Assessment Device (LPAD) and the Instrumental Enrichment program for modification of the intellectual level of functioning (Feuerstein, Rand, Hoffman, 1979; Feuerstein, Rand, Hoffman & Miller, 1980; Feuerstein, Haywood, Rand, Hoffman, & Jensen, 1986). An important characteristic of the LPAD, which is the most extensive dynamic approach known in the literature, is the fact that both the assessment method and the systematic interventional program are intrinsically linked to the same theoretical framework.
KeywordsTeaching Condition Cognitive Modifiability Gain Score Dynamic Assessment Disadvantaged Child
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Feuerstein, R., Haywood, H. C, Rand, Y., Hoffman, M. B., & Jensen, M. R. (1986). Learning potential assessment device: Examiner manual. Jerusalem: Hadassah-WIZO-Canada Research Institute.Google Scholar
- Feuerstein, R., & Rand, Y. (1974). Mediated learning experience: an outline of the proximal etiology for differential development of cognitive functions. International Understanding, 9–10, 7–31.Google Scholar
- Feuerstein, R., Rand, Y., & Hoffman, M. (1979). The dynamic assessment of retarded performers. Baltimore: University Park Press.Google Scholar
- Feuerstein, R., Rand, Y., Hoffman, M., & Miller, R. (1980). Instrumental Enrichment: an intervention program for cognitive modifiability. Baltimore: University Park Press.Google Scholar
- Jensen, A. R., (1969). How much can we boost I.Q. and scholastic achievement? Harvard Educational Review, 37, 1–123.Google Scholar
- Raven, J. C. (1947). Progressive Matrices, Sets I and II. Dumfries: The Crichton Royal.Google Scholar