There are many good reasons for taking notes.One is to create your own text.Another is to help you to stay active and focused in class.Note taking will also help you to train yourself to be selective in information gathering. Once you have organized the notes, you will use them to determine what’s important and what is not. Education research indicates that students who take notes “tend to emphasize and remember important information and discard the less important information” (Kiewra et al., 1991) and that “learning depends upon the capacity for attention, as well as the related function of concentration”(Collier. 1989). Your notes will become your primary study text.
KeywordsLateral Compartment Mitral Valve Prolapse Indented Format Nerve Supply Note Taking
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Anthony, E. J. (1989) The psychoanalytic approach to learning theory (with more than a passing reference to Piaget). In Learning and Education: Psychoanalytic- Perspectives, ed.K. Field, B. Cohler, and G.Wool. Madison, CT: International Universities Press, pp 99–125Google Scholar
- 2.Cohler, B. (1989) Psychoanalysis and education: Motive, meaning, and self. In Learning and Education: Psychoanalytic Perspectives. ed.K. Field, B. Cohler. and G.Wool. Madison, CT: International Universities Press, pp 11–68.Google Scholar
- 3.Felts, W. J. L.(1987)Oklahoma Notes. Gross Anatomy. New York; Springer-Verlag, p. 42Google Scholar
- 4.Holliman, J. H., Feeback, D. L., and Hall, N. K. (1987) Oklahoma Notes. Pathology.Second Edition. New York: Springer-VerlagGoogle Scholar
- 6.Miller, G. E., Abrahamson, S., Cohen, I. S., Graser, H. P., Harnack, R.S., and Land, A. (1961) Teaching and Learning in Medical School. Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press, pp 80–94Google Scholar
- 7.Person, R. J., and Thies, R. (1989) Oklahoma Notes. Physiology. New York:Springer-Verlag, p 84, Fig 34.Google Scholar
- Willey, M., and Jarecky, B. (1976) Analysis and Application of InformationDeveloped at Howard University College of Medicine and University of Kentucky College of DentistryGoogle Scholar