Analysis of Remotely Sensed Data
- 163 Downloads
The prospects for obtaining new information on a global scale rest on suitable access to, and organization and processing of, immense volumes of remotely sensed and other data. This chapter addresses the issue of processing high-dimensional spectral data for extraction of information on surface conditions or processes. The second part of the chapter describes some statistical methods and developments relevant to the use of remotely sensed data for estimates of surface condition or classification.
KeywordsAdvanced Very High Resolution Radiometer Advanced Very High Resolution Radiometer Remotely Sense Data Allocation Procedure Ground Data
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Anderson, T.W. (1958). An Inroduction to Multivariate Statistical Analysis. Wiley, NY.Google Scholar
- Campbell, N.A. (1984). Some aspects of allocation and discrimination, (pp. 177–192). In G.N. van Vark and W.W. Howells, (eds.), Multivariate Statistical Methods in Physical Anthropology. Reidel, Amsterdam, Netherlands.Google Scholar
- Di Zenzo, S., Bernstein, R., Degloria, S.D., and Kolsky, H.G. (1987). Gaussian maximum likelihood and contextual classification algorithms for multicrop classification. IEEE Trans. Geosci. Remote Sens. GE-25(6): 805–814.Google Scholar
- Graetz, R.D., and Gentle, M.R. (1982). A study of the relationships between reflectance characteristics in the Landsat wavebands and the composition and structure of an Australian semi-arid rangeland. Photogramm. Eng. Remote Sens. 48:1721–1732.Google Scholar
- Jupp, D.L.B., Walker, J., and Penridge, L.K. (1986). Interpretation of vegetation structure in Landsat MSS imagery: a case study in disturbed eucalypt woodlands. Part 2. J. Envir. Manag. 23:25–37.Google Scholar
- Kauth, R.J., and Thomas, G.S (1976). The tasselled cap—A graphic description of the spectral temporal development of agricultural crops as seen by Landsat. Proc. Symp. on Machine Processing of Remotely Sensed Data, Purdue University, Lafayette, IN, pp. 4B41–4B51.Google Scholar
- Richards, J.A. (1986). Remote Sensing Digital Image Analysis. Springer-Verlag, Berlin.Google Scholar
- Schowengerdt, R.A. (1983). Techniques for Image Processing and Classification in Remote Sensing. Academic Press. NY.Google Scholar
- Swain, P.H., and Davis, S.M. (Eds.) (1978). Remote Sensing: The Quantitative Approach. McGraw-Hill, NY.Google Scholar