Growth disorders such as microorbitism, Binder syndrome, Romberg syndrome, and radiation effects are often difficult to quantify because they have unpredictable rates of distortion with time. The three-dimensional appreciation of the deformity needs to be imaged sequentially over a period of time. It is important to consider volume measurements, particularly of the orbits, for these disease entities, as well as shape analyses with comparisons made between normal and abnormal sides.
KeywordsHemangioma Alopecia Rhabdomyosarcoma Bital Dysostosis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Ariyan S, Krizek TJ: Radiation effects: biological and surgical considerations. In Converse J (ed): Reconstructive Plastic Surgery. Saunders, Philadelphia, pp 531–548, 1982.Google Scholar
- Binder KJ: Dysostosis maxillo-nasalis, ein arhinencephaler Missbildungskomplex. Dtsch Zahnarztl Z 17:438, 1962.Google Scholar
- Gorlin RJ, Pindborg J, Cohen M Jr (eds): Maxillonasal dysplasia (Binder syndrome). In: Syndromes of the Head and Neck. 2nd ed., McGraw-Hill, New York, pp 463–464, 1976.Google Scholar
- Mustarde JC: Congenital Absence of the Eye. Saunders, Philadelphia, 1971.Google Scholar
- Mustarde JC: Repair and Reconstruction of the Orbital Region. Livingstone, Edinburgh, 1976.Google Scholar
- Parry CH: Collections from the Unpublished Medical Writings of the Late Caleb Hillier Parry. Underwoods, London, p 478, 1825.Google Scholar
- Roberts BO: Progressive hemifacial atrophy: Romberg’s disease. In Converse J (ed): Reconstructive Plastic Surgery. Saunders, Philadelphia, pp 2337–2353, 1977.Google Scholar
- Romberg MH: Trophoneurosen. Klinische Ergebnisse. Forstner, Berlin, pp 75–81, 1846.Google Scholar
- Sheffield LJ, White J, David DJ, Nugent M: Chondrodysplasia punctata (mild type) presenting as Binder syndrome. Pathology 16:106, 1984.Google Scholar
- Smith B, Valauri AJ: In Converse J (ed): Reconstructive Plastic Surgery. Saunders, Philadelphia, pp 962–980, 1977.Google Scholar
- Wood-Smith D: Reconstruction of the orbital skeleton in anophthalmos. In Tessier P, Callahan A, Mustarde JC, Salyer KE (eds): Symposium on Plastic Surgery in the Orbial Region. Mosby, St. Louis, pp 177–179, 1976.Google Scholar