Neural Networks, Learning Automata and Iterated Function Systems
An overview is given of certain underlying relationships between neural networks and Iterated Function Systems. Possible applications to data compression and stochastic learning automata are discussed.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [Barn85]Barnsley, M.F., Demko, S., Elton, J., and Geronimo, J., Markov processes arising from iteration with place-dependent probabilities, Pre-print, Georgia Inst. Technology, 1985.Google Scholar
- [Barn88b]Barnsley, M.F., and Sloan, A.D., A better way to compress images, Byte, Vol. 13, pp. 215–223, 1988.Google Scholar
- [Bres89a]Bressloff, P.C., Neural networks and random iterative maps, in Neural Computation, Mannion, C, and Taylor, J.G., Eds., pp. 155–162, Bristol, UK: Adam Hilger, 1989.Google Scholar
- [Bres89b]Bressloff, P.C., and Stark, J., Associative reinforcement learning based on iterated function systems, submitted to IEEE Trans. Syst. Man and Cybern., 1989.Google Scholar
- [Prus88]Prusinkiewicz, P., and Sandness, G., Koch curves as attractors and repellors, IEEE Comput. Graph, and Appl, Vol. 8, pp. 26–40, 1988.Google Scholar
- [Redd88]Reddaway, S.F., Fractal graphics and image compression on a DAP, in International Specialist Seminar on the Design and Application of Parallel Digital Processors(IEE Conf. Publ. 298), p. 201, 1988.Google Scholar
- [Star89]Stark, J., Iterated function systems as neural networks, submitted to Neural Networks, 1989.Google Scholar
© Springer-Verlag New York Inc. 1991