The Complete COCOMO Model: Basic, Intermediate, Detailed, and Incremental Versions for the Original, Enhanced, Ada, and Ada Process Models of COCOMO
Since its publication in 1981, the COCOMO model presented in Software Engineering Economics (SEE) by Barry W. Boehm has been at the forefront of software models. Since 1984, the existence of the Constructive COst MOdel (COCOMO) User’s Group (CUG) has served to maintain the needed information exchange and to be the vehicle for subsequent updates to the COCOMO model (by Dr. Boehm). Its public acceptance is a matter of record. The Software Engineering Institute (SEI) has served as the sponsor of the CUG since about 1987. The Department of Defense and Cost Organizations both have strong interest in using the best methodologies available for software costing. COCOMO is the best documented such method and has a wide range of uses. The COCOMO model has promoted the purposes of Software Engineering since before 1981. It has not become dated. It has more than 20 automated implementations. In fact, many people are still discovering this model.
KeywordsVolatility Mellon Cystal
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Boehm, Barry W. Software Engineering Economies. Englewood Cliffs, N. J.: Prentice-Hall Inc., 1981.Google Scholar
- Boehm, Barry W. and Royce, Walker, Ada(TM) COCOMO: TRW IOC VERSION. Proceeding, Third COCOMO Users’ Group Meeting CMU Software Engineering Institute, Pittsburgh, PAGoogle Scholar
- Fairley, Richard “Software Engineering Concepts” NY, NY: McGraw-Hill, 1985.Google Scholar
- Kile, Raymond L. REVIC Software Cost Estimating Model User’s Manual Version 8.7. New Mexico: Kirtland AFB, 1989.Google Scholar
- Software Engineering Institute, The Fourth International COCOMO Users’ Group Meeting, Oct 1988, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Carnegie Mellon Univeristy.Google Scholar
- Software Engineering Institute, The Fifth International COCOMO Users’ Group Meeting, 17-19 Oct 1989, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Carnegie Mellon University.Google Scholar
- U.S. Department of the Air Force. Revic Software Cost Estimating Model User’s Manual Version 8.7 by Raymond L. Kile, U.S. Department of the Air Force, Kirtland Air Force Base, New Mexico, 1989.Google Scholar
- Vick, C. R., and C. V. Ramamoorthy, ed. Handbook of Software Engineering. New York: Van Nostrand Reinhold Company, 1984.Google Scholar