On Social Distress, Social Misery, Social Evil
An impromptu discussion and critique of the papers presented at the ISTP conference by Robert Rieber and Howard Gruber, pertaining to forms of social misery and suggestions as to ways of understanding and meliorating such forms.
KeywordsIdeal Norm Symbolic Action Social Distress Social Wrong Ethnic Prejudice
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Burke, K. (1937). Attitudes toward history. New York: New Republic.Google Scholar
- Burke, K. (1954). Permanence and change: An anatomy of purpose. Los Altos, CA: Hermes Publications.Google Scholar
- Burke, K. (1955). A rhetoric of motives. New York: Braziller.Google Scholar
- Burke, K. (1966). Language as symbolic action: Essays on life, literature, and method. Berkeley, CA: University of California Press.Google Scholar
- Burke, K. (1967). The philosophy of literary form: Studies in symbolic action. Baton Rouge: Louisiana State University Press.Google Scholar
- Burke, K. (1969). A Grammar of motives. Los Angeles, CA: University of California Press.Google Scholar