Doppler Observations in Arteriovenous Malformations
Although well recognized as clinical entities, arteriovenous malformations (AVMs) and other vascular anomalies of the brain and its membranes occur infrequently. Their widely variation in etiology, overall size, location, feeding and draining vessels, histology, and course make it difficult to determine their prognosis and best treatment.
KeywordsArteriovenous Malformation Pulsatility Index Feeding Artery Venous Malformation Interventional Neuroradiology
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- McCormick (see p. 97).Google Scholar
- Mohr et al. (see p. 98).Google Scholar
- Aaslid R: Transcranial Doppler Sonography. New York: Springer-Verlag,1986.Google Scholar
- Aminoff MJ: Treatment of unruptured cerebral arteriovenous malformations. Neurology 1987;37:815–819.Google Scholar
- Brass LR, Prohovnik I, Pavlakis S, Mohr JP: Transcranial Doppler examination of middle cerebral artery velocity versus xenon rCBF: two measures of cerebral blood flow. Neurology 1987;37(suppl):85.Google Scholar
- Fox A J, Pelz DM, Viñuela F: Clinical trial of AVM embolization. In Proceedings of the American Society of Neuroradiology May 10–15, 1987, p. 76.Google Scholar
- Hilal SK, Khandji AG, Chi TL, et al: Synthetic fiber coated platinum coils successfully used for endovascular treatment for arteriovenous malformations, aneurysms, and direct arteriovenous fistulas of the CNS. Radiology 1988;169(P):28.Google Scholar
- Hilal SK, Sane P, Mawad ME, et al: Therapeutic interventional radiological procedures in neuroradiology. In Abrams F (ed), Angiography (3rd Ed.). Boston: Little, Brown, 1983, p. 2223.Google Scholar
- Petty GW, Tatemichi TK, Mohr JP, et al: Transcranial Doppler changes after treatment for arteriovenous malformations. J Cardio vase Ultrasound (in press).Google Scholar
- Viñuela F, Fox AJ: Interventional neuroradiology and the management of arteriovenous malformations and fistulas. Neurol Clin 1982;1:131.Google Scholar