A Postgraduate Program in Nursing Informatics
In 1988 the Hogeschool Midden Nederland decided to create a new postgraduate program in nursing informatics as a part of the postgraduate educational programs for health care professionals, which also include management, professional innovation, clinical specialization and research methods. The program builds on the established nursing informatics courses in the various nursing programs of the Institute for Higher Health Care Education of the Hogeschool .
KeywordsEurope Defend Univer Care Duration
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Aarts, J.E.C.M., A curriculum in nursing informatics, in: Salamon, R. et al. (eds.),Medical informatics and education, Victoria: School of Health Information Science, University of Victoria, 1989: 381–383.Google Scholar
- Ouwerkerk, W., Iersel, F.M.M. van, Op Hey, J.G.L.M.M., Towards future hospital information systems: a government strategy, in: Bakker, A.R. et al. (eds.),Towards new hospital information systems, Amsterdam: North Holland, 1988: 303–307.Google Scholar
- Peterson, H.E. and Gerdin-Jelger, U. (eds.),Preparing nurses for using information systems: recommended informatics competencies, New York: National League for Nursing, 1988.Google Scholar
- Bemmel, J.H. van, A comprehensive model for medical information processing,Meth. Inform. Med. 1983; 22: 124–130.Google Scholar
- Heller, B.R. et al., Education for specialization in nursing informatics, in: Daly, N. and Hannah, K.J. (eds.),Proceedings of third international symposium on nursing use of computers and information science, St. Louis: C.V. Mosby, 1988.Google Scholar
- Heller, B.R., et al., A needs assessment for graduate specialization in nursing informatics, in: Greenes, R.A. (ed.),Proceedings of twelfth annual symposium on computer applications in medical care, New York, IEEE Computer Society Press, 1988: 337–342.Google Scholar
- Romano, C.A. and B.R. Heller, A curriculum model for graduate specialization in nursing informatics, in: Greenes, R.A.,Proceedings of twelfth annual symposium on computer applications in medical care, New York, IEEE Computer Society Press, 1988: 343–349.Google Scholar