On the Kinematics of Stochastic Mechanics
In a series of recent papers [P1]-[P3] we have shown that the complexification of the velocity and momentum processes permits to effectively develop a Lagrangian and Hamiltonian formalism in stochastic mechanics [N1], [G], [N2]. In this paper, the kinematics employed in [P1]-[P3] is more thoroughly analyzed, particularly from the probabilistic viewpoint. The outline of the paper is as follows. In Section 2, we introduce the appropriate kinematics for finite-energy diffusions developing on [N3]. In Section 3, we discuss in detail the properties of the quantum noise and derive a fundamental change of variables formula. In the following section, we consider the Markov case. In Section 5, for the purpose of comparison, we give a strong form of the classical Hamilton principle. In Section 6, we present the quantum Hamilton principle.
KeywordsVariational Principle Quantum Noise Variable Formula Stochastic Case Stochastic Mechanic
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [AMU]S. Albeverio, L. Morato and S. Ugolini, Non symmetric diffusions and related Hamiltonians, to appear.Google Scholar
- [BCZ]Ph. Blanchard, Ph. Combe and W. Zheng, Math. and Physical Aspects of Stochastic Mechanics, Lect. Notes in Physics vol. 281, Springer-Verlag, New York, 1987.Google Scholar
- [F]H. Föllmer, in: Stochastic Processes - Mathematics and Physics, Lect. Notes in Math. 1158 (Springer-Verlag, New York,1986), p. 119.Google Scholar
- [N2]E. Nelson, Quantum Fluctuations, Princeton University Press, Princeton, 1985.Google Scholar
- [N3]E. Nelson, Stochastic mechanics and random fields, inÈcole d’Ètè de Probabilitès de Saint-Flour XV-XVII, edited by P. L. Rennequin, Lecture Notes in Mathematics, Springer-Verlag, New York, 1988, vol.1362, pp. 428–450.Google Scholar
- [P1]M. Pavon, Hamilton’s principle in stochastic mechanics, J. Math. Phys. 36 (1995), 6774–6800.Google Scholar
- [P2]M. Pavon, A new formulation of stochastic mechanics, Phys. Lett. A 209 (1995) 143–149, Erratum 211(1996), 383.Google Scholar
- [YM]W. Yourgrau and S. Mandelstam, Variational Principles in Dynamics and Quantum Theory, Pitman and Sons, London, 1960.Google Scholar