The musculature of the dorsal brachium is comprised of the three heads of the triceps and anconeus. They act to extend the elbow. The triceps muscle heads are innervated by the radial nerve. The anconeus is innervated by the nerve to the medial head of the triceps.
KeywordsUlnar Nerve Radial Head Radial Nerve Ulnar Artery Flexor Digitorum Superficialis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bishop, A. T., G. Gabel, and S. W. Carmichael. 1994. The flexor carpi radialis tendonitis. Part I: Operative anatomy. J. Bone Joint Surg. A:1009.Google Scholar
- Grant, J. C. B. 1962. Grant’s atlas of anatomy. Baltimore: Williams & Wilkins.Google Scholar
- Marble, H. C. 1961. The hand: A manual and atlas for the general surgeon. Philadelphia: W.B. Saunders Co.Google Scholar
- Steichen, J. C, and B. W. Ellis. 1971. Vulnerability of the posterior interosseous nerve during radial head resection. J. Bone Joint Surg. 53B:320.Google Scholar
- Warfel, J. H. 1985. The extremities: Muscles and motor points. 5th Ed. Philadelphia: Lea & Febiger.Google Scholar