The Role of Ultrasound in Oocyte Donation Programs
Transvaginal sonography (TVS) is not new to the infertility specialist. In the United States, the first subspeciality of obstetrics and gynecology to use the transvaginal sonographic scanning technique was infertility, employing it for monitoring ovulation and oocyte aspiration. TVS obviates the need for a full urinary bladder to image the pelvic and patient acceptance is much higher. When high-resolution probes were introduced, the clear and crisp pictures that were generated became the most important incentive for its use.
KeywordsObstet Gynecol Assisted Reproductive Technology Corpus Luteum Ectopic Pregnancy Uterine Artery
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Drews M, Bergh PA, Masuka A, Sandier B, Birkenfeld, Deligdisch L. Preliminary observations on abnormal sequential histologic maturation of the human endometrium during “ controlled” ovarian hyperstimulation cycles. The 47th Annual Meeting of the American Fertility Society, Orlando, FL, October 21–24, 1991. Abstract P-139.Google Scholar
- 11.Hoffman GE, Thie J, Scott RT, Navot D. Endometrial thickness is predictive of histologic endometrial maturation in woman undergoing hormone replacement for ovum donation. Fertil Steril. 1996; 66: 380–383.Google Scholar
- 13.Noyes RW, Hertig AT, Rock J. Dating the endometrial biopsy. Fertil Steril. 1950; 1: 3–25.Google Scholar
- 34.de Zeigler D, Bessis R, Frydman R. Vascular resistance of uterine arteries. Fertil Steril. 1991; 55(4): 775–779.Google Scholar
- 39.Tan SL, Steer C, Mills C, Rizk B, Mason BA, Campbell S. Vaginal color Doppler assessment of the day of embryo transfer (ET) accurately predicts patients in an in-vitro fertilization (IVF) programme with suboptimal uterine perfusion who fail to become pregnant. Presented at the 46th Annual Meeting of The American Fertility Society, Washington, D.C., October 15–18, 1990. Abstract O-070, page 530.Google Scholar
- 41.Favre R, Bettahar K, Grange G, et al. Predictive value of transvaginal uterine ultrasound. Obstet Gynecol. 1993; 3: 350–353.Google Scholar
- 45.Monteagudo A, Timor-Tritsch IE. Determination of chorionicity and amnionicity in multifetal gestations in the first fourteen weeks by high frequency TVS. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1994; 170: 827–829.Google Scholar
- 54.Monteagudo A, Tarricone NJ, Timor-Tritsch IE, Lerner JP. Successful trans-vaginal ultrasound guided puncture and injection of a cervical pregnancy in a patient with simultaneous intrauterine pregnancy and a history of a previous cervical pregnancy. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 1996; 8: 381–386.PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar