H∞Control of a Class of Infinite-Dimensional Linear Systems with nonlinear Outputs
For a class of infinite-dimensional linear systems with nonlinear outputs, and using a differential game-theoretic approach, we obtain a set of necessary and sufficient conditions for the existence of a state-feedback controller under which a given H ∞ bound (on disturbance attenuation) is achieved. Characterization of such a controller is given, and the result is applied to a disturbance attenuation problem with control constraints.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Adams, R. A. Sobolev Space. Academic Press, New York 1975.Google Scholar
- Ball, J. A. and J. W. Helton. Viscosity Solutions of Hamilton—Jacobi Equations Arising in Nonlinear H ∞ Control. Preprint, 1994.Google Scholar
- Barbu, V. and Th. Precupanu. Convexity and Optimization in Banach Space. Reidel, Dordrecht, 1986.Google Scholar
- Başar, T. and P. Bernhard. H ∞ -Optimal Control and Related Minimax Design Problems. Birkhäuser, Boston, 2nd ed, 1995.Google Scholar
- Bensoussan, A. and P. Bernhard. On the Standard Problem of H ∞-Optimal Control for Infinite-Dimensional Systems. Proceedings of the Conference on Control and Identification of Partial Differential Equation, South Hadlley, MA, 117–140, 1992.Google Scholar
- Ichikawa, A. Differential games and H ∞ -problems. Presented at the MTNS, Kobe, Japan, 1991.Google Scholar
- McMillan, C. and R. Triggiani. Min-Max Game Theory and Algebraic Riccati Equations for Boundary Control Problems with Analytic Semigroups: The Stable Case. Preprint, 1995.Google Scholar
- McMillan, C. and R. Triggiani. Algebratic Riccati Equations Arising in Game Theory and in H ∞ -Control Problems for a Class of Abstract Systems. Differential Equations with Applications to Mathematical Physics, pp. 239–247,1993.Google Scholar
- Pritchard, A. J. and S. Townley. Robustness Optimization for Abstract, Uncertain Control Systems: Unbounded Inputs and Perturbations. Proceedings of IFAC Symposium on Distributed Parameter Systems (El Jai, Amouroux, eds.), pp. 117–121, 1990.Google Scholar
- Scherer, G. H ∞-Control by State-Feedback for Plants with Zeros on the Imaginary Axis. Preprint, 1992.Google Scholar
- Stoorvogel, A. A. The H ∞ -Control Problem: A State-Space Approach. Prentice Hall, New York, 1992.Google Scholar
- Tadmor, G. Worst-Case Design in the Time Domain. The Maximum Principle and the Standard H ∞-Problem. MCSS, 3, 301–324, 1990.Google Scholar
- Xiao, M. and T. Başar. Solutions to Generalized Riccati Evolution Equations and H ∞-Optimal Control Problems on Hilbert Spaces. Preprint, 1997.Google Scholar