Purification of the Cholecystokinin Receptor
Cholecystokinin (CCK) is a gastrointestinal and neural peptide hormone with physiological activities at multiple target tissues (Mutt, 1980). These include the classical targets of the gallbladder muscularis smooth muscle and the pancreatic acinar cell (for which this hormone was named “cholecystokinin-pancreozymin”) (Ivy and Oldberg, 1928; Jorpes and Mutt, 1966), as well as smooth muscle and some nerves at multiple levels of the digestive tract, including esophagus, stomach, intestine, and colon (Mutt, 1980). In addition, several potential activities have been described for this hormone at the levels of the brain and spinal cord (Dockray, 1982; Yaksh et al., 1982). Thus, there are multiple receptor subtypes from which to choose for CCK receptor purification.
KeywordsPancreatic Acinar Cell Purification Scheme Smooth Muscle Tumor Guanine Nucleotide Binding Protein Affinity Label
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Duong, L. T. and Vlasuk, G. P. (1988) FASEB J. 2 A1796.Google Scholar
- Hames, B. D. (1984) in Gel Electrophoresis of Proteins a Practical Approach (Hames, B. D. and Rickwood, D., eds.), IRL Press, Washington, DC.Google Scholar
- Hjelmeland, L. M. and Chrambach, A. (1984) in Membranes, Detergents, and Receptor Solubilization , vol. 1 (Venter, J.C. and Harrison, L. C., eds.), Alan R. Liss, Inc., New York, pp. 35–46.Google Scholar
- Ivy, A.C. and Oldberg, E.(1980) Am, J. Physiol. 86,599–613.Google Scholar
- Klueppelberg, U. G., Gaisano, H., Powers, S., and Miller, L. J. (1988a) Gastroenterology 94, A408.Google Scholar
- Mutt, V. (1980) in Gastrointestinal Hormones (Glass, G. B. J., ed.), Raven Press, New York, pp. 169–221.Google Scholar
- Pearson, R. K. and Miller, L. J. (1987) J. Bio. Chem. 262 (2), 869–876.Google Scholar
- Pearson, R. K., Miller, L. J., Hadac, E. M., and Powers, S. P. (1987c) J. Biol. Chem. 262,13850–13856.Google Scholar
- Pilch, P. F. and Czech, M. P. (1984) in Membranes, Detergents,and Receptor Solubilization, vol. I (Venter, J. C. and Harrison, L. C., eds.), Alan R. Liss, Inc., New York, pp. 161–175.Google Scholar
- Rosenzweig, S. A., Miller, L. J., and Jamieson, J. D. (1982) Fed. Proc. 41 1183.Google Scholar
- Von Schrenck, T., Moran, T. H., Heinz-Erian, P., Gardner, J. P., and Jensen, R. T. (1988) Am. J. Physiol. 255, G512–G521.Google Scholar
- Wank, S. A., Gardner, J. P., and Jensen, R. T. (1988) Biomed. Res. Suppl. 1,186.Google Scholar