Relationship Between Voltage and Active and Reactive Powers
The analytical link between voltage (V) and reactive power (Q) in electrical lines and loads is presented. Acceptable simplifications of equations are introduced to highlight dominant aspects of the V-Q link, which strongly impacts our understanding of grid voltage phenomena, voltage control, as well as performance required of protection solutions and design characteristics. An essential presentation of the main V-Q relationships in electrical lines often referred to by this book is provided.
- 1.Elgerd OI (1971) Electric energy systems theory: an introduction. McGraw-Hill, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- 2.Weedy BM (1979) Electric power systems, 3rd edn. Wiley, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- 3.Kundur P (1994) Power system stability and control. McGraw-Hill, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- 4.Miller TJE (1982) Reactive power control in electric systems. Wiley, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- 5.Eremia M, Shahidehpour M (2013) Handbook of electrical power system dynamics—modeling, stability, and control. Wiley, New YorkGoogle Scholar