Experimental Validation of LS-SVM Based Fault Identification in Analog Circuits Using Frequency Features
Analog circuits have been widely used in diverse fields such as avionics, telecommunications, healthcare, and more. Detection and identification of soft faults in analog circuits subjected to component variation within standard tolerance range is critical for the development of reliable electronic systems, and thus forms the primary focus of this paper. In this paper, we have experimentally demonstrated a reliable and accurate (99 %) fault diagnostic framework consisting of a sweep signal generator, spectral estimator and a least squares-support vector machine. The proposed method is completely automated and can be extended for testing other analog circuits whose performances are mainly determined by their frequency characteristics.
The authors would like to thank the more than 100 companies and organizations that support research activities at the Prognostics and Health Management Group within the Center for Advanced Life Cycle Engineering at the University of Maryland annually.
- 4.Williams A, Taylor F (2006) Electronic filter design handbook. McGraw-Hill, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- 6.Mei H, Hong W, Geng H, Shiyuan Y (2007) Soft fault diagnosis for analog circuits based on slope fault feature and BP neural network. Tsinghua Sci Technol 12(S1):26–31Google Scholar
- 8.Zhou L, Shi Y, Zhao G, Zhang W, Tang H, Su L (2010) Soft-fault diagnosis of analog circuit with tolerance using mathematical programming. J Commun Comp 7(5):50–59Google Scholar
- 15.Mao X, Wang L, Li C (2008) SVM classifier for analog fault diagnosis using fractal features. In: Proceedings of the 2nd IEEE international symposium on intelligent information technology and application, pp 553–557Google Scholar
- 16.Scholkopf B, Smola A (2002) Learning with kernels-support vector machines, regularization, optimization and beyond. MIT Press, CambridgeGoogle Scholar
- 19.Long B, Tian SL, Wang HJ (2008) Least squares support vector machine based analog circuit fault diagnosis using wavelet transform as preprocessor. In: Proceedings of the international conference on communications, circuits and systems, pp 1026–1029Google Scholar
- 20.Lei Z, Ligang H, Wang Z, Wuchen W (2010) Applying wavelet support vector machine to analog circuit fault diagnosis. In: Proceedings of the 2nd workshop on education, technology and computer science, pp 75–78Google Scholar