Emergency Logistics Distribution Optimization Model and Algorithm in Disaster Chain
Emergency logistics distribution of disasters and accidents is an effective means to reduce the loss of lives and property. On the condition of meeting the timeliness requirement of emergency logistics, the study of emergency logistics distribution can rationally schedule vehicle, substantially reduce the vehicle allocation time and the logistical cost. Through the analysis of the characteristics of rescue emergency logistics, the system structure of emergency logistics distribution is proposed. After the material distribution optimization model for emergency logistics is established, an improved genetic algorithm is designed to solve this problem. In improved genetic algorithm, the best individual reservations, roulette selection, blend crossover, and blend mutation have been adopted to avoid premature convergence and enhance the process efficiency. A numeric example is presented to validate the feasibility and effectiveness of the model and its algorithm.
Keywords:Emergency logistics Logistics distribution Optimization model Genetic algorithm Disaster
This paper is supported by the Science and technology research projects in Chongqing Commission of Education (No. KJ100611).
- 1.Liu Y (2010) The research on vehicle routing problem for emergency logistics distribution, vol 87. Changan University, China, pp 1–5Google Scholar
- 2.Kemball-Cook D, Stephenson R (1984) Lesson in logistics from somalia. disasters, vol 8. Foxcombe Publication, United Kingdom, pp 57–66Google Scholar
- 3.Eldessouki WM (1998) Some development in transportation network analysis and design with application to emergency management problems, vol 68. North Carolina State University, USA, pp 45–49Google Scholar
- 4.Dai G, Da Q (2000) Emergency resources combination and schedule research. Syst Eng Theor Pract 5:52–56Google Scholar
- 5.Liu C, He J (2001) The multiply garages selection in emergency system. Syst Eng Theor Pract 5:89–94Google Scholar
- 6.Kejun F, Wang X (2005) Conceive of logistics and distribution process modeling based on the unexpected events. Logistic Technol 10:263–267Google Scholar
- 7.Zhang J, Zhiyu X (2011) Multi-objective multi-period emergency logistics model and its solution with genetic algorithm. Comput Eng 22:45–52Google Scholar
- 8.Chen S (2011) Emergency logistics distribution problem model under uncertain roadway network structure and its application. Syst Eng Theor Pract 5:69–76Google Scholar
- 9.Xian Q, Liu W (2008) Optimization model for a bi-level distribution network and its improved genetic algorithm-based solution. Chongqing Norm Univ 3:41–46Google Scholar
- 10.Yuming L (2011) Improved cellular genetic algorithm based on migration of different individuals. Systems Eng Electron 3:224–227Google Scholar
- 11.Xian Q (2008) A study of the distribution network optimization in supply chain based on genetic algorithm. Chongqing Univ 6:65–71Google Scholar
- 12.Zhurong W (2011) Research of hybrid parallel genetic algorithm based on multi-core cluster system. Comput Sci 7:200–205Google Scholar