A New Sinusoidal Phase Modulation Interferometry
Sinusoidal phase modulation (SPM) interferometer is a time phase modulation method, which has strong anti-jamming ability and needs higher CCD frame rate, so ordinary CCD do not meet the requirement. This article proposed a new interval sampling based on SPM. When SPM modulating signal frequency was 200 Hz, preset sampling frequency was 2,000 Hz; area array CCD with 182 Hz frame rate only collected an interference image in a modulation cycle, and then, these collected images are processed using 2,000 Hz CCD frame rate, thereby reducing the CCD frame rate. This article processed simulation and extracted phase principle values of interference images with filtering method, and by joining main interference signal in the work environment, the error analysis proved that interval sampling could improve the anti-jamming ability of SPM interferometer in the measurement of object surface topography.
KeywordsInterferometer Sinusoidal phase modulation Interval sampling
This paper got the following project supports: the national 863 project “major projects with high intelligent analysis instrument online and complete system key technology research and product development” items (2012 AA040603), Chongqing major projects “high temperature flue gas more than high precision components online intelligent monitoring system research” (cstc2011ggC70001) and Chongqing municipal education commission–funded project (KJ110601, KJ100605, KJ090820). Through this, authors wish to thank all.
- 3.Sasaki O, Takahashi K, Suzuki T (1990) Sinusoidal phase modulating laser diode interferometer with a feedback control system to eliminate external disturbance 29(12):1511–1515Google Scholar
- 5.Song S, Wang X et al (2001) Real-time micro-vibration measurement with a laser diode interferometer. Acta Opt Sin 21(5):578–580Google Scholar
- 6.Zhang C, Wang XZ (2003) A new method for angular displacement measurement. Chin Opt Lett 1(8):459–461Google Scholar
- 7.Suzuki T, Suda H, Sasaki O (2003) Double sinusoidal phase-modulating distributed Bragg reflector laser-diode interferometer for distance measurement 42(1):60–65Google Scholar
- 8.Suzuki T, Kobayashi K, Sasaki O (2000) Real-time displacement measurement with a two-wavelength sinusoidal phase-modulating laser diode interferometer 39(16):2646–2652Google Scholar
- 9.Suzuki T, Ohizumi T, Sekimoto T, Sasaki O (2003) Disturbance-free distributed Bragg reflector laser-diode interferometer with a double sinusoidal phase-modulating technique for measurement of absolute distance 43(23):4482–4487Google Scholar
- 11.Sasaki O, Nakada T, Suzuki T (1999) Exact measurements of surface profiles of a glass plate by a super luminescent diode interferometer 38(10):1679–1682Google Scholar
- 12.Sasaki O, Honma K, Suzuki T (2004) Real-time measurement of one-dimensional step profile with a sinusoidal wavelength scanning interferometer using double feedback control 43(6):1329–1333Google Scholar
- 13.Sasaki O, Kuwahara T, Hara R, Suzuki T (2000) Sinusoidal wavelength-scanning interferometric reflectometry 39(22):3847–3853Google Scholar
- 15.He G, Wang X Tang F (2007) Sinusoidal phase modulating interferometer based on low-speed array CCD China laser 34(2):265–271Google Scholar
- 16.Wei D, Wang D, Li C (2011) Design of CCD timing driven circuit sensors and microsystems 30(9):112–114Google Scholar