User Experience-Oriented Hierarchical Mechanism of Industrial Design
This paper puts forward a scientific industrial design method-oriented user experience (UE). Combined with investigation and UE relative theory, this thesis considers industrial design knowledge composed of five layers such as strategy, value, structure, framework, and representation. This hierarchical relationship is a mechanism of top–down decision from concepts to details. Due to delivery of knowledge among layers, the system of knowledge nodes is built. Through knowledge input and output in each node, the resolution of industrial design gradually becomes clear. With the study of practical application, the hierarchical knowledge mechanism-oriented UE efficiently comprehends and reuses valuable information and easily finds out product innovation gap.
KeywordsUser experience Industrial design Design method Knowledge
This study is supported by “the Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities (NO. JGV110775)”.
- 1.Zeng D, Chen D, Chen Y (2009) Application research of fuzzy synthetic evaluation in product sculpt design. In: Proceedings 2009 IEEE 10th international conference on computer-aided industrial design & conceptual design, vol 46. IEEE Press, New York, pp 398–402Google Scholar
- 2.Zheng L, Lingyun S, Na L (2010) Construction of process-oriented industrial design knowledge map. J Mech Eng 46(8):182–186Google Scholar
- 3.Benbunan-Fich R, Benbunan A (2007) Understanding user behavior with new mobile applications.J Strategic Inf Syst 16(4):393–412Google Scholar
- 6.Hanqing C (2005) Product design, vol 24. Huazhong Technology University Press, Wuhan, pp 56–57Google Scholar
- 7.Owen C (2001) Structured planning in design: information age tools for product development. Design Issues 17(1):27–43Google Scholar