Research of NFC Framework in MeeGo Harmattan
This paper discusses NFC technique on MeeGo Harmattan. First of all, it introduces the definition of NFC, NFC communication modes and operating modes, NFC working principle, NFC-related specification, and NFC Forum standards. Second it presents NFC architecture on MeeGo 1.2 Harmattan, including the introduction to MeeGo Harmattan, NFC architecture, and NFC applications types. Third, it dwells on QtMobility NFC API on MeeGo 1.2 Harmattan; especially expatiate on the usage of Generic NFC classes, NFC classes used in tag access, NFC classes for Peer-to-Peer communication and Connectivity QML plugin of QtMobility which provides some QML NFC elements in detail. After that it explains how to take advantage of NFC to deliver innovative apps Apps on MeeGo Harmattan. In the end, it discusses the current problems of NFC technique on MeeGo Harmattan, and looks forward to the future development of NFC apps on MeeGo Harmattan.
KeywordsNFC MeeGo Harmattan QtMobility QML
Supported by “Youth Foundation for Chongqing Normal University” (10XLQ04).
- 1.Ecma International (2004) Near Field Communication. White Pap 2:252–257Google Scholar
- 2.James M (2006) Using the right NFC tag type for the right NFC application. Innovis Res Technol Plc 24:63–66Google Scholar
- 3.Nokia (2011) Introduction to NFC. NFC Forum 62:156–161Google Scholar
- 4.NFC Forum (2006) NFC record type definition (RTD). Tech Spec 251:216–221Google Scholar
- 5.Jakl A (2012) NFC development. Nokia 10:112–116Google Scholar
- 6.Jakl A (2011) Using Qt mobility to develop NFC apps. Res Technol Plc 22:182–187Google Scholar
- 7.Nokia (2012) Qt mobility project reference documentation. http://doc.qt.nokia.com/qtmobility-1.2/index.html6:672–678
- 8.Nokia (2012) Connectivity QML plugin. http://doc.qt.nokia.com/qtmobility-1.2/qml-connectivity.html 25:14–16